Rangers will sign Brown

If I was a betting man.....

put your money on Scott Brown signing in the January transfer window.

:thup:;)

I could be opening up to some abuse here but I think he's the new Barry Ferguson and even Fergie knows he was outplayed by him last weekend.

The answer to that is Mark Venus - their first team coach and assistant manager. He (and Mowbray) have just signed new rolling contracts and Venus would be the person I'd be sniffing round as well as the likes of Brown and Thompson.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here Frankie but what makes you think Mark Venus is so special?

Well I think Hibs have had several young players come through over the last few years as well as good development of existing talent when they took over.

Hibs, although inconsistent, also play an exciting brand of football, don't take any prisoners in games and considering their finances seem more than capable of competing with us and Celtic head-to-head.

From what I hear, Venus has contributed a lot to that relative success and there's no doubt he'd be an excellent addition to our backroom staff IMO.

Heard from somebody in the pub on saturday that PLG has identified a couple of scottish players he does want to buy. If true, I'd hope Scott Brown would be one of them.

Be interesting to see how much money PLG does have available to him.

wasnt paul le guen given a dossier of potential scottish targets when he arrived? I'm pretty sure he was... eg he said not to pursue riordan did he not? and hence why he signed for the tims?

If that was the case, does that not show that le guen misjudged brown (if he was on the list) and to an extent the style of football that is played in scotland?

perhaps, and now he is learning from his mistakes as any man should try and do, i just hope that he gets the time to right the mediocrity that is synonamous (sp) with rangers at the moment (mainly to do with mr murray IMO) and is not forced out the club by some fans!

We just don't have the money to spend at the moment. DM obviously wants to get the club debt free and we're going to have to accept that. OK so he has to shoulder much of the blame for us being this far in debt in the first place, but at least he's sorting things out now, albeit so he can sell the club. I guess part of his reasoning behind getting PLG was due to his track record of bringing young talent on and succeeding on a limited budget.

It might be lean times just now, but things can only improve on and off the park over the long term. Just have to be patient.