The " we cannot bring in anyone " thread

I realise I am not the most financially astute and usually bow down to Bluedell and his fellow financial wizards for enlightenment , but how in the hell are we not able to bring anyone in , in January , just what exactly have we signed up to with Lloyds , what exactly are the constraints that are binding us to LLoyds .

If this was any other business they would be bringing in their bank manager and laying down the law or moving , we are after all making a profit , we are after all trading , unless there is something we are being told, just like the so called 20 year term loan that seems to have been thrown out the window with everything else .

One more question whilst I am on this rant , do LLoyds actually want to see us progressing and making more profit .....or what exactly is their angle ....or is it Walter simply playing mind games again ........

I would presume that Lloyds are looking at everything long term and making assumptions as to poor performance in Europe over the next 3-4 years, and any excess cash may be allocated against future shortfalls that haven't been able to be met as yet.

Looking at last season's profit of �£4m, and taking account of further savings this season, but knocking off over �£10m of CL income and our accounts still don't look too clever, and that's the situation we could be in for the next 3 years.

I don't know if this is correct, but it seems a likely scenario.

Can only assume bank/club administration want the debt cut substantially ahead of future years where �£20million CL bounties could be long gone...

That's what I think they're doing: Preparing for a worst case scenario where we might add to our debt because of loss-making seasons. Cutting our current debt as much as possible by not spending much when we're doing well is only part of the plan. They must have cut the player wage bill considerably in the past 18 months when you consider the players who we've sold or let go compared to the players brought in. I'd imagine it's part of a wider plan to start running the club more prudently and eventually get to a level where the club has virtually no long-term rolling debt to service, since paying interest on tens of millions of debt is essentially a total waste of money. That money could be getting used for plenty of other things such as stadium repairs &/or upgrades which we don't seem to have been able to afford in recent years.

Edit - in the time I've typed this reply my points have been mentioned by others. Serves me right for going to make a coffee.. :rolleyes:

I would presume that Lloyds are looking at everything long term and making assumptions as to poor performance in Europe over the next 3-4 years, and any excess cash may be allocated against future shortfalls that haven't been able to be met as yet.

Looking at last season's profit of �£4m, and taking account of further savings this season, but knocking off over �£10m of CL income and our accounts still don't look too clever, and that's the situation we could be in for the next 3 years.

I absolutely hate these business type sayings but in this case I make an exception ,

Fail to prepare is preparing to fail , and that's what we are doing , always the defeatest option

Correct me if I'm wrong but are Aberdeen not not that far behind us in terms of debt? Particularly considering they have no assets worth mentioning and very little revenue? Then again maybe they have an owner more likely to protect them. I think the Murrays and Milnes of the world are much alike though.

Aberdeen are going to back Brown in January, meaning they will outspend us. Pathetic.

Since when did banks have such tight control over matters. A loan should be a loan. We're either in real trouble financially ie completely broke or the bank is a somescreen for Murray not wanting to spend anything.

The only time external parties tend to have this level of control is when a club is in administration.

Whichever way you look at it its a depressing situation and the 00's will go down as a largely fucking awful time to be a Gers fan

We really are a bunch of fucking amatures

Edited by Totti