The " we cannot bring in anyone " thread

I think we all know where we are with respect to money. Not really much point complaining over a situation we've known for a long time was inevitable. Maybe we should have complained about Murray when he was spending all that money we used to boast about, instead of lauding him as Mr Rangers.

Since when did banks have such tight control over matters. A loan should be a loan. We're either in real trouble financially ie completely broke or the bank is a somescreen for Murray not wanting to spend anything.

The only time external parties tend to have this level of control is when a club is in administration.

Not true. The bank only extended the loan/overdraft facility if Rangers accepted the well-publicised restrictive business plan. The business plan seems to be a moving target though, with AJ changing his tune on it every time he speaks.

I think we all know where we are with respect to money. Not really much point complaining over a situation we've known for a long time was inevitable. Maybe we should have complained about Murray when he was spending all that money we used to boast about, instead of lauding him as Mr Rangers.

In fairness, if the owner of a club spends big and has adequate wealth to do such a thing, why should the supporters complain. We were under the much misguided fallacy that he knew what he was doing. What is scandelous is the subsequent times we've repeatedly return to dire financial states and often with supporters still backing the cretin. It must be the best part of near 10 years I've wanted this creep out of Ibrox.

where the hell is all the money going in the first place?, do the board honestly think that season tickets will be renewed if new investment aint going to be brought in!!! and no more news on the takeover aswell? what really is going on at our club? :(

Not read the whole thread but my take on the whole situation is that we've been scraping the financial barrel for a very long time thanks to the exuberance of SDM and Advocaat, not to mention Walter's first 2 seasons in charge of his second spell. We keep being told that there's no money, yet we managed to bring in Weiss, Beattie and Jelavic for 5.5M and wages.

The truth is I think we say these things because we play it incredibly tight in the transfer market and don't want to pay more than someone is worth, which is what timmy does all the time.

I'm not saying we're well off, but we're not completely perilous either. If there was simply no money the club would be bankrupt - Lloyds wouldn't support an organisation which can't support itself.

New ownership will help the situation a lot and take the worry away, but I don't think we're a stricken ship quite the way the press and indeed the club suggest. We just need that ownership boost.

Danny we did indeed bring in players , but we lost Thomson , Boyd and Wilso , Novo also , we are neutral this year transfer wise if Wilson keeps goping the way he is , but squad wise we are desperately near the bone , omly the weather ant the manky mobs abysmal form has saved us imho

Penned this on another site, thought I'd share see what feedback I get from here.

Due to Rangers’ success in this year’s Champions League, the club have reportedly earned Ã?£20 million pounds. As always it will be paid in three instalments, the last in May. The big question is though, how should it be used?

This bear wants at the very least one new player brought in to augment the current squad. Our title defence could hinge on one or two fresh faces that will keep the squad on their toes. Before people start, I am aware that we’re three points in front with a game in hand against our nearest challengers, who’re on the verge of imploding, again!

Surely after all overheads are taken into account and the wee float for the impending HRMC case is cast aside, and with some further servicing of the club’s debt, then there must be some cash available for Walter? Okay, we’ve got an unexpected plumbers bill to pay next month but that’ll be minimal to what’s required for Champions League participation next season.

I’m not asking for Ã?£5-10 million but around three million would suffice. With Ã?£3 million you could quite easily pick up one or two midfielders that are capable of competing in The SPL, and will have the desired affect our lacklustre midfield requires.

The last statement may flabbergast some after the Boxing Day massacre at Fir Park. However, the team is in need of freshening up. We may be reigning champions with the bulk of the league winning side in place, but every champion winning side needs freshened up and strengthened. We’re no different.

There isn’t just the league to contend with, we have The League Cup, Scottish Cup and The Europa Cup that has all bears reminiscing of 2008. I presume there’s no need to remind of you of what happened then! If I recall, 2008 campaign saw us play something in the region of 68 games. If you’re to factor in the amount of postponed games in December, then the next five months will be very, very busy.

I don’t really have much love for the League Cup even with our success rate in the competition, there is the chance however, that we may meet Celtic in the final. That alone is a reason to take it seriously. The same logic applies to The Scottish Cup although it takes more priority over the former.

The league and Europa Cup is where heroes are born and memories formed for generations to come. If we’re to fight on these fronts then new arrivals are required.

Got to hand it to Walter he really knows how to lobby for money. Over the course of December he’s had his players publicly voice their ‘concern’ for squad investment. The latest being captain, Davie Weir.

What about the takeover? Well to be honest I’m not even thinking about that. We need the debt serviced but we can also live within our means and still win 3 in a row. If the takeover happens, excellent, if not, then we can quite possibly say that the two names mentioned are using the club’s position to whore their own self interests. Our vulnerability and public status gives many an attention seeking business man scope for self promotion!

So, we use the cash bonanza prudently and still hand Walter a New Year boost. Is it that simple? No expert here but I’d say it is. Our squad is down to its bare bones and desperately needs fresh meat.

This top line figure is always brought up , I myself have been very apt at using it , however like everything else it will come down to pure profit at the end of the year , there are obviously major problems with LLoyd's , that is plain to see to anyone , why if we have this term loan they're behaving in the manner they are is very very strange.

However we desperately need strengthened that is also bloody obvious , just maybe not to LLoyds