Weiss is Hoping To Start Against C****c

Weiss appeared for the Gers in their 3-1 win over the Hoops at Parkhead in October after coming on as a late substitute for Kenny Miller.

But he is desperate to play in the world-famous fixture for the full 90 minutes in a match which will go a long way towards deciding the destination of the Scottish title.

A victory for Walter Smith�s side will put them two points clear of Neil Lennon�s team with two games in hand on their age-old city rivals.

The 21-year-old Slovakian cap, on-loan from Manchester City for the season, has struck a rich vein of form going into the Celtic clash.

He scored a goal and was man of the match in the 4-1 win at Motherwell in last Sunday�s SPL fixture.

And Weiss is hoping Smith, who switched him to a more central role against the Steelmen in a tactical masterstroke, hands him the chance to wreak havoc on Celtic from kick-off.

He said: ââ?¬Å?It is up to the manager what team he puts out, but I am hoping he picks me to play against Celtic. If he does, I will try to play as well as I did against Motherwell at the weekend.

ââ?¬Å?The Old Firm game is a match that is known about all over the world and I was certainly aware of it when I came to Scotland in the summer. It is a game I have watched before for many years.

ââ?¬Å?I have already had a taste of the Old Firm game. I played the last time we met Celtic when I came on for the last 10 minutes or so.

ââ?¬Å?But it would be a dream come true for me to play from the start this weekend.ââ?¬Â

Weiss is keeping his fingers crossed team-mate Steven Naismith, who limped off with a hamstring injury in the Motherwell game, wins his battle to be fit for the meeting with Celtic.

However, he believes if the Scotland international fails to recover in time then John Fleck can come into the side and help the Scottish champions rack up another vital triumph.

He said: ââ?¬Å?Naisy is a very important player for us and has been doing great for us this season. His injury is not too bad and hopefully he will be fit for the Celtic game on Sunday.

ââ?¬Å?I knew about Steven before I came to Scotland, but this is the best season he has had at Rangers so far.

ââ?¬Å?He is doing really well for us and will be a big loss if he fails to make it.

ââ?¬Å?Flecky came on against Motherwell and did well. He is only 19, but he is a really, really good player who has impressed me since I arrived at the club. In training he has been brilliant.

ââ?¬Å?He is one of the players who can come into the team and ensure we keep on winning matches, including the one against Celtic.ââ?¬Â

I think WS will drop Foster,move Whittaker to RB and play Lafferty at LM,with Weiss playing a central role again. Having said that who knows what WS will do ?,but he does like to throw a wee surprise in these games

I should add that I won't Weiss to start but really doubt he will for reason stated.

U mean Want?? Heh sorry chief, I never correct folks spelling as Im probably top of the league on here for that but after a few beers it needs to be done. 1 more and Im hitting the town. :drink:

I think WS will drop Foster,move Whittaker to RB and play Lafferty at LM,with Weiss playing a central role again.

I think we can tear them to shreds if Walter allows Weiss to play like he did at Firpark. With their brainless attack dog of a captain out of the game I really don't think they'll be able to stop him if he plays well. It's not all about Weiss of course, but he was massively influential in that win in Motherwell.