January 2011 Transfer Window - Healy, Diouf and Bartley IN

Guest TheWorthyEd

Andy Webster (with �£750,000 that we don't have - injured eye lash and all) going north to Tannadump and David Goodwillie (mad bluenose I am told) coming south.

Given the financial state of play it would appear that money needs to come in before this one happens.

Kenny Miller anyone?

Andy Webster (with �£750,000 that we don't have - injured eye lash and all) going north to Tannadump and David Goodwillie (mad bluenose I am told) coming south.

Given the financial state of play it would appear that money needs to come in before this one happens.

Kenny Miller anyone?

Miller out and Goodwillie in is very believable to be honest.

For anyone who doesn't click the link above, here's what it says -

Rangers have signed 16 year old striker Frederick Espling, who was on trial with the club earlier in the season.

Espling's club Bodens BK have confirmed that their player has left to join the youth ranks of Rangers as a professional on their official site.

Espling played a friendly game with the club's under-17 team against Stenhousemuir and scored a goal. He was among the most prominent players on the field that day and looked a talent. Espling also played 15 minutes against Partick Thistle in September and was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet that day too, despite his short time on the field and that he was playing with the under 19 side - players 3 years his senior.

The Swede also played against Hamilton Accies for the under 17 side, bagging two goals ont hat day as the cluub won 5:1, one with his head and one after some neat interchange with Callum Gallagher. Finally, he played in a game against Falkirk for the under 17s, which we won 1:0, however he didn't get on the scoresheet that day.

Espling will be another foreign addition to the Rangers youth side. All the best to the youngster as he embarks on his career as a professional with the club.

Let's hope it's not the only signing of the winter.

The �£2 million being reported for Goodwillie, does anyone feel it'd be better spent elsewhere?.

Definitely, but I think the �£2m figure is nonsense in this case. Dundee Utd say they haven't had any offers just interest/enquiries. I'd rather keep Miller and forget about Goodwillie for the moment, especially with Jela set to return from injury very soon.

I'd like to see left back Lee Wallace brought in, although he's not fully returned from injury yet AFAIK.

We could maybe do with a central defender, although Webster is fit again and played 90 mins in a bounce game today alongside Ross Perry.

There's a fair chance that we could see shagger being sold if the right offer comes in and that would give Walter the funds to strengthen. If it happens I just hope the money is spent wisely.