Nobody is absolving Murray of blame. He's the owner and was the chairman for long enough so he's ultimately responsible for the decline in standards. Any reasonable person would admit this nowadays and Murray himself has alluded to his mistakes.

The problem we have is enforcing change. It simply cannot happen without high level interference and I've yet to see one Rangers-minded person in the media directly criticise Murray or call for him to go.

Of course, suggesting he leaves is easy without any obvious replacements so I'd settle for a constructive debate about the future of the club. Even that seems to be lacking from our peers.

I'm surprised David Leggat hasn't taken up the baton on this one but he's far from the only person who lacks focus (and/or support).

Then I've no idea what you are saying.

Murray is to blame but cut out the blame game. Enforce change when we're in absolutely no position to do so and almost universally refused to lift a finger in protest when Murray was still in a position to be influenced by it. Debate about possible replacements for what reason? - to create mood music in the background while the club disintegrates? Perhaps it's time for the late great RST to make a comeback to complete the sense of pointlessness. Jeez!

Edited by maineflyer

Leggat is already doing more than most. We could better direct criticism at those who do nothing but might be expected to do most. Look closer to home.

I really like a lot of David Leggat's blog articles because he actually raises some very interesting questions and seems to spend a lot of time researching his work. I do think his obsession with Britney and the demise of the Times in Scotland is a bit sad though. There's far more interesting subjects than the 'creep' and his crappy employer.

I really like a lot of David Leggat's blog articles because he actually raises some very interesting questions and seems to spend a lot of time researching his work. I do think his obsession with Britney and the demise of the Times in Scotland is a bit sad though. There's far more interesting subjects than the 'creep' and his crappy employer.

You're right but I imagine he's keen to reflect the opinions of the fans too.

I think Britney should be flood-lighted in every dark hole he creeps. he started the war and will always creep out of his hole when fed a morsel to spit out. Leggat should look at other aspects of our club but cannot kick Britney in the balls often enough.

I'm not sure how relevant fan participation at board level is. Joe Bloggs in a Rangers scarf knows nothing about business.

We simply just need an interested, rich and shrewd owner and an adequate CEO.

We need some sort of plan to sort this club out and have us back to an acceptable standard financially and on the park.

Our infrastructure is archaic, particularly in terms of scouting for example. We just need to become a well run club and business essentially, and I don't know what including the fans is really going to achieve.

Then I've no idea what you are saying.

Murray is to blame but cut out the blame game. Enforce change when we're in absolutely no position to do so and almost universally refused to lift a finger in protest when Murray was still in a position to be influenced by it. Debate about possible replacements for what reason? - to create mood music in the background while the club disintegrates? Perhaps it's time for the late great RST to make a comeback to complete the sense of pointlessness. Jeez!

I've said Murray is to blame and I'd guess the majority of the online community agrees. Offline, the number will be far fewer while the majority won't care either way through apathy. Is it worth trying to open eyes there - possibly, but only if you accompany such direct criticism with solutions/alternatives. Saying Murray is an idiot may help soothe our egos but it doesn't change anything and certainly won't get many people on our side.

I've also said enforcing change is a problem - probably impossible as it stands because we have no-one willing to examine the status quo on our behalf and offers constructive solutions.

When I speak about debate I don't just mean with regard to who could replace Murray. I've no idea who could do that. I mean with regard to examining all the prevalent problems and presenting credible solutions via what must be a decent number of fans with such expertise to show what is possible.

The RST have not done a good job of this which is a shame but they, like the rest of us, can still change our destiny.