Points on the board or games in hand?

Be interesting to know who's position would most fans rather be in at the moment.....Celtics on 46pts or us on 41 with 3 games in hand.

At this stage of the season id go for the 41 with games in hand as id be confident enough about us winning them, however 2 of our games in hand are tricky with 1 being against Inverness at Ibrox who are our current bogey team and Dundee Utd away.

If it was only 1 or 2 games in hand with a closer margin I might opt for the points on the board but considering 2 wins from that 3 would put us top is enough for me to be happy with the standings at the moment.

Obviously there is a fixture pile up coming for us and our squad is thin so winning these games isnt a given.

One thing I noticed this evening when looking at the table is that, whilst one of our games in hand is away to Dundee Utd, if you look at how many games have been played home and away by both us and them you will find that we have played 3 fewer at home than them - effectively meaning that our games in hand are all at home.

Celtic have played 20, of which 11 have been at home and 9 away.

We have played 17, of which 8 have been at home and 9 away.

You just know that all Tim-minded folks will be saying that points on the board is more important than games in hand (and will use the 2007-08 season when we were points behind but with a multitude of games in hand as justification - but as we all know, that was a very severe, extreme season - sadly, this season could end up in a similar fashion).

However, right now, I would rather have 3 games in hand as I still believe we are more than capable of taking the full 9 points from our 3 games in hand. Taking those full 9 points and opening up a 4 point lead would take the wind out of their sails after winning the OF game last weekend.

Points on the board usually but we should be able to win at least two of our games in hand so I'd like to think the players will take confidence from last night's result and push on to win this league...

Usually points on the board but since they fooked up again, and I have a feeling they'll do it soon, I'm reasonably happy with our position.

I'm pretty sure this will happen too. Its easy enough for a spineless team to get a win against their biggest rivals when we hand it to them on a plate, its a different story when someone raises their game against them and they have no leaders. I'd imagine it makes things harder when your boss is acting like a f*cking tool at every available moment.

I would generally go for whichever works out that you go ahead if you win your games in hand, given that in the SPL the OF tend to win most of their games anyway.

The 2008 lesson has taught us that a run of away games in a short spell is always difficult, especially at the end of the season where every club seems to be fighting for something.

Should we throw the Lisbon tie, I am very confident of securing the treble this season and confining our rivals to another summer of dispair and change.

However, should we get through a couple of rounds in Europe to the QF, it may mean we struggle to defend our title with the squad and heavy fixture congestion.

I'm not confident of taking 9 points but feel we've a great chance of taking 7 - which more or less matches what we've being averaging all season. We're strong enough to win most games but we'll slip up now and again and while I don't see us losing many games, it's difficult to avoid the odd draw.

That still puts us two points ahead and gives us the edge for the title.

The thing we need to avoid is complacency, knowing we've got a bit of leeway...

To be honest I like most was feeling pretty down after the game on the 2nd but the performance more than anything against Killie really picked me up , the hunger , drive and obvious will to win was back big time , just need to keep it going . Also they have a hell of a schedule coming up