Rangers Second Seeds for Tuesdays Draw

From the official site:

RANGERS will be second seeds when the UEFA Cup group stage draw is made next Tuesday at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

The 40 qualifers are placed into five pots of eight seeds depending on their ranking and Rangers will be in the second pot.

That means they will avoid Paul Le Guen's old side Paris Saint-Germain, Celta Vigo, Brugge, Basel and Gregory Vignal's Lens among others.

There is country protection in the Group Stage draw so teams from the same association cannot be drawn in the same group, otherwise it is open.

Each top seed will be allocated a group and then a team from each seeding pot will be drawn to each group.

The process is not completed there, however, as other factors have to be taken into consideration before the match schedule can be decided.

UEFA make sure teams from the same association are not at home on the same night and also take weather conditions into account.

POT ONE

Seville, Newcastle, Panathinaikos, Parma, Ajax, Leverkusen, Feyenoord, Auxerre.

POT TWO

Brugge, Basel, Alkmaar, Sparta Prague, RANGERS, Celta Vigo, Paris Saint-Germain, Lens.

POT THREE

Beiktas, Palermo, Espanyol, Heerenveen, Partizan Belgrade, Rapid Bucharest, Wisla Krakow, Slovan Liberec,

POT FOUR

Fenerbahce, Austria Vienna, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Osasuna, Blackburn, Grasshoppers, Dinamo Bicharest, Livorno.

POT FIVE

Tottenham, Maccabi, Braga, Nancy, Frankfurt, Waragem, Mlada Boleslav, Odense

Some really good teams in every pot.

Cant wait for the draw now.

Who would you prefer in our group?

I'm gutted we're in the same pot as Prague. Desperate for Rangers to get a game over there so I can visit again and take advantage of the attractions on offer... ;)

From a progression POV I'd like Panathinkaikos, Slovan Liberec, Dinamo Bucharest and Mlada Boleslav. But with our current form, I'm not that confident about qualifing unless we improve over the coming weeks.

Spurs is the one to avoid. I take it goes on you're performance in Europe and they haven't been in a European comp for ages.

Would like to avoid Palermo or Espanyol from pot 3 and Blackburn and Fenerbache in Pot 4, but would happly take any of Pot 1

I'm gutted we're in the same pot as Prague. Desperate for Rangers to get a game over there so I can visit again and take advantage of the attractions on offer... ;)

From a progression POV I'd like Panathinkaikos, Slovan Liberec, Dinamo Bucharest and Mlada Boleslav. But with our current form, I'm not that confident about qualifing unless we improve over the coming weeks.

I wouldnt have minded joining you in Prague mate as long as i wasnt around when you told the Mrs where you were going. ;)

Would like to avoid Palermo or Espanyol from pot 3 and Blackburn and Fenerbache in Pot 4, but would happly take any of Pot 1

I'd happily take Blackburn, I'm confident we'd take them home or away.

I think it's a certainty we'll get an English club.

From the official site:

Some really good teams in every pot.

Cant wait for the draw now.

Who would you prefer in our group?

i`d like...

newcastle

rangers

palermo

austria vienna

mlada bolev(*sp)

obviously we can only pull one english team then if theirs country protection, so id like that to be newcastle. their massive but with a defence like that we can whip their asses easily. plus it`d be great to see boydy scoring against craig moores defence:D

i liked the look of palermo and being 2nd in the italian league the now i think we`d learn a lot from them.

austria vienna would be good since we`ve got so many of their players now. sionko, sebo and co would be able to tell our lads all about them.

the other team we`d be whipping them 7-0 or summit, get our goal difference up!

i`d like...

newcastle

rangers

palermo

austria vienna

mlada bolev(*sp)

the other team we`d be whipping them 7-0 or summit, get our goal difference up!

They put Marseille out last night Colshy so maybe a 7-0 whippin is a bit optimistic. Obviously Marseille didn't bribe the ref last night. :D