Rather worried about Saturday

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Edu playing if he was fully match fit and playing at his best, but he's definitely NOT and this is no game for him to get a start IMO. Hearts will have their midfield packed as they will probably play 5 in midfield including 2 defensive central midfielders plus Black fighting for almost every ball. Going by what I've seen from Edu in his couple of appearances since returning from injury, I've got very serious doubts about him being the correct choice to go to battle with a 3-man Hearts central midfield.

Edited by Zappa

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Edu playing if he was fully match fit and playing at his best, but he's definitely NOT and this is no game for him to get a start IMO. Hearts will have their midfield packed as they will probably play 5 in midfield including 2 defensive central midfielders plus Black fighting for almost every ball. Going by what I've seen from Edu in his couple of appearances since returning from injury, I've got very serious doubts about him being the correct choice to go to battle with a 3-man Hearts central midfield.

IMO a half fit Edu is more useful than McCulloch. The lad Hutton would also be fine. This is Hearts - not Barca mate. I'd have every confidence in Hutton if selected - he could more than handle himself and he has the talent and intelligence to deal with it. But we all know Walter will stick with McCulloch - and that is my big concern.

My guess at the Hertz line-up for Saturday -

...........................Kello............................

Jonsson.......Bouzid.......Zaliukas.......Wallace

..............Palazuelos........Mrowiec..............

Novikovas..............Black............Templeton

.....................Elliott or Obua....................

In other words, a 4-5-1 with 2 holding mids.

IMO a half fit Edu is more useful than McCulloch..

That's where we disagree then mate because I don't think ANY half fit player should be playing and 'half fit' describes Edu quite well at the moment.

McCulloch will be in the side no doubts, I do fear about this game as we have been performing poorly. Usually in the big matches we do well but against the scum we were awful. Hopefully the team clicks and ultimately walk over Hearts its always a close match but on the odd occasion we stroll it.

I keep a watch on Black could be in for a rough time but hopefully none of our players are sent off and we annoy the little shit.

Big fat Kyle injured, Zappa?

Big fat Kyle injured, Zappa?

He was left out for their trip to Kilmarnock on Tuesday through injury, so I don't know if he'll make it or not. They started Obua up front on his own and after they went behind to a Killie goal on 19 mins Obua wasn't having any luck, so JJ rearranged things and put on Elliott on for Novikovas at half time presumably going with 2 up top to try and get back into the game. Still wasn't working and they put Glen and Stevenson on for Obua and Black respectively just after 60 mins. Elliott scored an equalizer on 73 mins and the winner on 86 mins, so it wouldn't surprise me if Elliott gets a start. Hard to say though.. :)

My guess at the Hertz line-up for Saturday -

...........................Kello............................

Jonsson.......Bouzid.......Zaliukas.......Wallace

..............Palazuelos........Mrowiec..............

Novikovas..............Black............Templeton

.....................Elliott or Obua....................

In other words, a 4-5-1 with 2 holding mids.

That's the type of formation we should play

Section from a Hearts website news article dated today -

Both Rudi Skacel and Kevin Kyle face a race against time to make the big game, with JJ saying he's unlikely to gamble on the pair's fitness with such a crucial few weeks coming up.

"I wouldn't say they are 100 per cent certain to play and it will be tomorrow or even Saturday before we make a decision," he said.

"The good thing is they are both desperate to play but we need to be sensible as there is no point in them going out on Saturday and then being out for three of four games. We'll need to discuss that, see how they react and if they feel confident that they can go in there and play then we'll see.

"I'll stress to them, though, that they will be letting the team down if they are not 100 per cent fit as we have a good, strong squad with players on the bench busting a gut to play."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110120/no-pressure-on-us_2241384_2271672

Kyle and Skacel willl both play I reckon and I hope they do. Not wanting them having any excuses when we beat them. We could lay down a massive marker for the Championship with victory on Saturday. Have to say I am well up for it. Got a few mates telling me what they are going to do us all week so cant wait. Hope I am the one smiling again on Monday morning.

Noone fancy Beattie upfront then??

Lafferty and Jela upfront for me. If we play a 4-5-1, it has to be able to change to a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 during the game depending on personel unlike the celtic game where the formation couldnt change much.

It'll be tight and they will be well up for it. Do I really think on recent form that we will. No. I reckon it'll be a draw at best