Rather worried about Saturday

There's no doubting that Hearts are a decent team and it'll probably be a tough game, but they're not as good as their points tally suggests and they're not as good as we are. They've already lost SPL games to ourselves, Kilmarnock and Motherwell at Tynecastle this season and they've dropped a further six points at home by only managing draws against ICT, Dundee Utd and St Johnstone. They've dropped 15 points at home to our 8 and they're sitting what? 5 points behind us having played a game more than us?

With the right squad on the field and a good performance I'm not worried that we'll beat them. Davis and Ness/McCulloch in the middle please Walter and keep Edu for an absolute emergency if he's on the bench.

if it was up to me I'd dropt Weir and McCulloch and bring in Webster and Hutton/Edu.

I'd go

McGregor

Whittaker

Boogie

Webster

Papac

Davis

Ness

Hutton/Edu

Weiss

Jelavic

Naismith

Can't disagree with much of that, I like that side, a much more solid midfield

Can't disagree with much of that, I like that side, a much more solid midfield

more solid midfield and a defence that won't sit as deep without Weir. Up front we'd have some panache and guile that would outfox any defence in the SPL.

For me it's time to take McCulloch and Weir out the side.

if it was up to me I'd dropt Weir and McCulloch and bring in Webster and Hutton/Edu.

I'd go

McGregor

Whittaker

Boogie

Webster

Papac

Davis

Ness

Hutton/Edu

Weiss

Jelavic

Naismith

I like that team too, that's what I'd go with although I'm not sure we could sustain anything like that shape if we have to make more than one sub.

My fear for MoodyBlue's team is having both Hutton and Ness side by side in CM. They could get over-run, unless we also have Davis tucking in beside them. I dont doubt that both Hutton and Ness will do a job for us over the course of this season - but it could be expecting a bit too much of them playing together in one of our toughest games.

Edu, for me, doesnt impose himself enough and he is still quite young too - if we were going to play Ness or Hutton then I would still have McCulloch in beside them.

Edited by craig

:am:

:sw::dw::aw::sp:

:vw::sd::jn::sn:

:jf:

:nj:

Biggest decision is to whether I'd rest Boughie, who's been shit all year, or keep Webster in the side where he'll stick to his defensive duties. I'd like to see Fleck, Weiss, Naismith and Jelavic in the same side. Plenty of movement and pace that would cause any defence problems.

My fear for MoodyBlue's team is having both Hutton and Ness side by side in CM. They could get over-run, unless we also have Davis tucking in beside them. I dont doubt that both Hutton and Ness will do a job for us over the course of this season - but it could be expecting a bit too much of them playing together in one of our toughest games.

Edu, for me, doesnt impose himself enough and he is still quite young too - if we were going to play Ness or Hutton then I would still have McCulloch in beside them.

Edu would be fine. We've got to get out of this mindset that we will get run over if we don't have McCulloch in the side. More often than not it's McCulloch who is being by-passed during games. He rarely, if ever, stamps his authority on a game. Any combination of Ness, Hutton, Edu would be absolutely fiine IMO.