Allan McGregor watched by Arsenal

Arsenal sent a scout to Hearts' meeting with Rangers yesterday, with the north London club understood to be monitoring the form of Allan McGregor.

Aston Villa, Manchester United and Sevilla have all been linked with McGregor, the Rangers goalkeeper who is expected to generate a transfer fee of about �£5m if, as is likely, he departs Ibrox at the end of the season. Madjid Bougherra, the Rangers defender who has been linked with Arsenal in the past, also played in Hearts' 1-0 win at Tynecastle.

McGregor, who turns 29 this month, was a virtual spectator despite his team's defeat. It remains to be seen whether Arsenal's scouts continue to study him as they look to solve what has proved a troublesome position for Ars�¨ne Wenger. McGregor's age may count against him, with Wenger generally in favour of signing younger players.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/23/allan-mcgregor-hearts-rangers?

Poor figure, if we sell him for anything less than �£7m then there is something wrong, maybe more. Also the papers take on the situation "and if likely he will leave", ffs really poor journalism as he has a contract and surely our debt would be way down on the figures currently.

I'm surprised he's still here given all the alleged interest in him that there's been for some time which maybe tells you all you need to know about some of the crap written by papers.

As to his value, he's only worth what someone is willing to pay for him and in making their valuation they'll take in to account that we're in the financial shit and also play in the SPL, but on the up-side, that he's got a while left on his contract and is happy here. I think 5M - 7M is realistic.

Fingers crossed that he's still here come the first game in February. He'd be a great buy for ANY club and a serious loss for us.

Really? He's a good GK but Alexander is a more than able back up/number 1. I'd be disappointed to see him go but not half as disappointed when Miller left or if/when Boogie leaves. Selling McGregor for �£5m is a joke though. I'd be holding out for no less than �£8m.

Really? He's a good GK but Alexander is a more than able back up/number 1. I'd be disappointed to see him go but not half as disappointed when Miller left or if/when Boogie leaves. Selling McGregor for �£5m is a joke though. I'd be holding out for no less than �£8m.

Maybe they should just sign Alexander then and leave Shagger with us:tongue: