That's the thing though, he made you miserable then but he shouldn't now. That's in the past. Now we can afford to be more generous.

I couldn't refer to an ex manager of Rangers as an idiot, it's disrespectful and entirely unnecessary. Sorry, just the way I see it.

Couldnt agree more. It is about 5 years ago now - to continue to hold him in such disdain suggests almost an obsession :(

He (and his team) provided us with one of the most memorable league finishes that many of us will ever have the pleasure to witness. And that isnt counting the one where we thumped Dunfermline on the last day of the season to win the league either.

Again Totti the manager shows his complete and total disrespect for a manager who actually, despite losing 7 consecutive to Celtic (I think), still won more trophies in his Rangers managerial career than MON did in his Celtic one.

Statistics can be used to prove whatever point you like.

3 of which were largely irrelevant league cup. MON won 3 leagues and 3 Scottish cups. McLeish was good for his first season or 2 don't get me wrong, murder thereafter though.

Martin O'Neil has ten times the ability McLeish has.

3 of which were largely irrelevant league cup. MON won 3 leagues and 3 Scottish cups. McLeish was good for his first season or 2 don't get me wrong, murder thereafter though.

You can't ignore the money the respective clubs spent when reaching that conclusion but, regardless, it's just wrong on all counts to hold a grudge against a Rangers manager. We should hold them in the highest esteem for their contribution .... it's the same for Bill Struth or Davie White, they all played their part in the Rangers story.

Edit - and Martin O'Neil is nothing but a rancid little fenian dwarf. Comparing him favourably to a true blue like Alex McLeish is simply unacceptable..... and certainly unjustified. Remember, Rangers first, in all ways.

3 of which were largely irrelevant league cup. McLeish was good for his first season or 2 don't get me wrong, murder thereafter though.

I dont doubt that O Neil has more ability than big Eck - but that still doesnt take away from what he achieved. And I have to respectfully disagree with the "irrelevant league cup" - I think you are mistaken if you think that MON wasnt attempting to win that too.

Ignoring much of what has gone before, it has to be Stevens. Would probably have been Hutton had he stuck around and continued to develop. Porrini did well, but I always think of him as a centre half at right back, kinda like Papac. Now left back, there's a question? Davie Robertson, Artur Numan, Stuart Munro? Numan is up there with Copper, Laudrup and Gazza for me - sensational player.

Oh, and as right backs go, Stephen Wright would've been a good player for us had it not been for injury.