Lennon - I told Diouf to shut it & Naismith's a cheat

"Now Lennon has warned Diouf to watch his mouth.

Lennon said: "I know he's said something about me today that's just nonsense. I just told him to keep quiet because he had a lot to say for himself.

"There was a lot that went on in the game and these things should be left on the pitch instead of telling everyone how hard done by he feels about it."

January Manager of the Month Lennon also had a pop at Gers ace Naismith - who was sent off after a second yellow for diving.

And he lit the blue touchpaper ahead of this Sunday's trip to Dundee United by telling Arabs boss Peter Houston to mind his own business after claiming Naisy SLIPPED and didn't dive.

Lennon added: "The Naismith thing? I think the ref called it right.

"Naismith went to take a dive in the first ten minutes and wasn't booked so he can count himself fortunate to be on the pitch as long as he was.

"I'm not happy with the Dundee United manager's comments about Naismith after he accused Ki of going down like a sack of tatties at Tannadice, a bit bizarre.

"It must have been a slippy pitch. Obviously he's an expert groundsman as well now."

--------

He tells others to shut up yet he can't keep quiet himself. If our players are not up for any of the 4 OF games and the rest of the season then they should be ashamed. What I would give to have an Ian Ferguson type player and character in our team just now!

The guy is an utter clown.

Yet, our own assistant manager gave him the ammunition. Meanwhile our players seem unable to answer these guys on the park where it matters.

As said the other day if these verbals can't motivate our players and management team to win the treble, I'm not sure any of them can be considered Rangers quality.

"Now Lennon has warned Diouf to watch his mouth.

Lennon said: "I just told him to keep quiet because he had a lot to say for himself.

While Lennon thinks it's OK for him to shout and scream and verbally abuse Rangers players while they are on the pitch, make numerous gestures to the Rangers support and to get his subs to make wanking gestures to the Rangers support. :rolleyes:

And he wonders why he gets abuse and threats outside the game?

As said the other day if these verbals can't motivate our players and management team to win the treble, I'm not sure any of them can be considered Rangers quality.

Going by the last 2 OF games, it looks like a number of the Rangers squad aren't Rangers quality.

Going by the last 2 OF games, it looks like a number of the Rangers squad aren't Rangers quality.

I think they lack a self-belief as opposed to quality - possibly caused by a manager who allows them to play too defensively too often.

We had the right players on Sunday but we sat back and didn't control the game. I can understand defending a lead against a strong Celtic XI. But doing so against an average Celtic X, can only be put down to no confidence in their own abilities.

With every passing game it appears the management team are incapable of solving this. It's frustrating as when we play well, attack and at pace; we cause the opposition (any opposition including Celtic and Valencia to name but two) no end of problems.

Sometimes the mental challenge is bigger than the physical one. Someone phone Uri!!!