What I find most disheartening about that interview is that Martin Bain was there. Not that he shouldn't be, but similar managerial appointments elsewhere would see the manager draped in the hier-archy of the club - specifically the chairman. Our chairman is probably in America, and our owner is in the void he's been in for ages. The appointment of a manager is big news - regardless of whether we want Ally - and to see Martin Bain who is only a chief executive as the only person supporting isn't great.

I just saw it on the tv news. Talk about low key, it looked like they'd squeezed into the cleaners cupboard.

Bain says Walter is the most successful manager in the history of the club. Fuxxake, even if he believes it he should have enough judgement not to make such an arse of himself. ....... there again I suppose he has the qualifying distinction of actually BEING an arse.

Oh dear he only wants to be half as successful as Walter that means a lot of Baron years:frown:

How many barren years has Walter had ? Two, correct ? And he was at the helm for 10 in total. So simple extrapolation says McCoist might have 2 barren years in 5.... but in the other 3 he is likely to win at least a double, no ?

Would that not be acceptable ?

I don�t think we�ll ever find out how good a manager Ally McCoist could be for Rangers because he isn�t going to be given a chance to build any sort of team.

Walter Smith has had some fine moments and won us nine in a row but when he came back, this time without the money to burn, he struggled against a Celtic side who you�d place somewhere between pisspoor and average.

We could have Mourinho in the dugout but he�d struggle to win the SPL with a board who won�t allow (cash) signings for two years. The team is in dire need of a complete rebuild and until that takes place, the issue of who is manager is largely irrelevant. Look at Chelsea - Abramovich stopped signing a couple of seasons back and with their team left to age and stagnate they�re running the risk of failing to qualify for the CL for the first time in 8 years.

Those, and Iââ?¬â?¢ve a feeling there are many, who are going to spend the next few months on McCoistââ?¬â?¢s back should do us all a favour and see the bigger picture ââ?¬â?? if you feel so strongly about McCoist as Rangers manager, rip up your ST renewal form and hasten the downfall of the regime which is decaying our club at an alarming rate.

I don�t envy McCoist�s position. He�s taking over with everything stacked against him. On the other hand, he wouldn�t be anywhere near the Rangers manager�s office were we not in the financial mess we�re in, so he�ll view it as a great opportunity and as a Rangers man could never be expected to turn it down.

I�ll make a prediction here and now that, barring a miraculous takeover, Ally McCoist won�t win a league championship as Rangers manager. That�s partly because our owners are taking the piss out of him, but also because for backs-against-the-wall, win-at-all-costs, us-against-them-ery, Lennon has his number.

That being what it is, he was my childhood hero and will get nothing but my wholehearted support as Rangers manager.

I don’t think we’ll ever find out how good a manager Ally McCoist could be for Rangers because he isn’t going to be given a chance to build any sort of team.

Walter Smith has had some fine moments and won us nine in a row but when he came back, this time without the money to burn, he struggled against a Celtic side who you’d place somewhere between pisspoor and average.

We could have Mourinho in the dugout but he’d struggle to win the SPL with a board who won’t allow (cash) signings for two years. The team is in dire need of a complete rebuild and until that takes place, the issue of who is manager is largely irrelevant. Look at Chelsea - Abramovich stopped signing a couple of seasons back and with their team left to age and stagnate they’re running the risk of failing to qualify for the CL for the first time in 8 years.

Those, and I’ve a feeling there are many, who are going to spend the next few months on McCoist’s back should do us all a favour and see the bigger picture – if you feel so strongly about McCoist as Rangers manager, rip up your ST renewal form and hasten the downfall of the regime which is decaying our club at an alarming rate.

I don’t envy McCoist’s position. He’s taking over with everything stacked against him. On the other hand, he wouldn’t be anywhere near the Rangers manager’s office were we not in the financial mess we’re in, so he’ll view it as a great opportunity and as a Rangers man could never be expected to turn it down.

I’ll make a prediction here and now that, barring a miraculous takeover, Ally McCoist won’t win a league championship as Rangers manager. That’s partly because our owners are taking the piss out of him, but also because for backs-against-the-wall, win-at-all-costs, us-against-them-ery, Lennon has his number.

That being what it is, he was my childhood hero and will get nothing but my wholehearted support as Rangers manager.

That about sums up EXACTLY how I feel about McCoist taking over. His hands are tied before he even sits behind the manager's desk.

The only thing I would disagree with the above Norris is that it could be argued that it is only THIS season that WS has struggled against Celtic. He won back to back titles against them in his 2nd stint which could and should have been 3 but for a horrendous fixture backlog. This season, though, he has undoubtedly struggled against a Celtic team that at least seems to have a winning spirit and mentality about it.