The thing is i like the look of the kids comming through at the moment and would love for someone to take the chance with them. but to do that we may have to take a hit for a season just to give them game time. i am very angry with smith for not doing that this season considering he made the statement that he would at the start of the season.

We have the opportunity to build for the future here but we have to get real. Im fed up stumbling from season to season and living for short term success.

And to break from these shackles we have to sacrifice the short term success for long term gain and for the future of the club as a whole.

The thing is i like the look of the kids comming through at the moment and would love for someone to take the chance with them. but to do that we may have to take a hit for a season just to give them game time. i am very angry with smith for not doing that this season considering he made the statement that he would at the start of the season.

We have the opportunity to build for the future here but we have to get real. Im fed up stumbling from season to season and living for short term success.

And to break from these shackles we have to sacrifice the short term success for long term gain and for the future of the club as a whole.

I agree, but the problem is that the majority of fans dont - and in a results driven business AM wouldnt be given enough time to be able to "build" appropriately.

There goes our hopes of a fresh start. I've got all the time in the world for Ally McCoist and I'm pleased for him ... but I put Rangers first and I cannot believe this is the best move for the club. Easiest yes but not the best. So so disappointing, I'm sure this just locks in the status quo.

There goes our hopes of a fresh start. I've got all the time in the world for Ally McCoist and I'm pleased for him ... but I put Rangers first and I cannot believe this is the best move for the club. Easiest yes but not the best. So so disappointing, I'm sure this just locks in the status quo.

Mate your spot on.

I've come to the conclusion that it's incredibly difficult to predict who will turn into a good manager and who won't. While I'd prefer an established, successful manager at a high level to come to Rangers (even knowing that is not a guarantee from painful experience), I realise that, our budget, both for wages and player purchases/wages, and the stature of our league, mean that, like buying players, we're shopping in the likes of Lidl.

Our only hope is to find an up and coming bargain (like you sometimes can in Lidl) and to me Ally is probably a better punt than most.

He's had an incredible career at Rangers and for Scotland, he's also Scottish and knows our country's game inside out, he's a huge Rangers fan, he's had a good and successful (results-wise at least) apprenticeship as an assistant for both Scotland and Rangers, is about the right age and as a pundit he gave far more technical insight than most of the stuff we have to put up with on telly these days (IMO).

He's also been tutored in the pragmatic side of the game, which means that if he goes down a more expansive road, it won't be with the utter abandon of the likes of Burns and Mowbray. He's learned an invaluable lesson before he's made the mistake.

With so many eager to bring youngsters through and give them a run, what's wrong with applying it to this guy.

Obviously with a Man City or Chelsea type billionaire takeover, I'd be thinking differently.