Guest sniper1972

Wee all hope Whyte take's over soon,the uncertainty is really awful, players need to be signed on longer deals,new blood is needed also to give Ally a decent start to the new season,no new owners will IMO leave the club deep in the brown stuff

There's nothing 'sad' about acknowledging the fact that Rangers is a business as well as a football club ... or properly assessing how that business is run .... any more than it's sad to assess the effectiveness of a player's ability to pass a ball more than 10 yards. A business is a financial operation first and foremost, any other view simply shows a lack of understanding. Inevitably, it has to be judged on the financial results it achieves. To that extent, we shouldn't confuse our assessment of a business by daft emotional tags. It's neither sad or happy or even melancholic.

Rangers as a business is a mess however you assess it. It isn't a mess because David Murray is a self-obsessed bastard with no roots in our Rangers heritage, it's a mess because he made some extremely poor business decisions. On the other hand, Rangers as a community is equally divided and rudderless - that's not David Murray's fault but has arisen because too many Rangers people decided to sell out 120 years of history and buy into a dream that was dead before it was born.

I think you are taking the term, "sad" personally for some reason. I agree there is nothing wrong with acknowledging the facts in the slightest.

However, I personally think it is sad that football in general has been corrupted in this way. IMHO, football shouldn't really be mostly about business at all - it's a sport and requires money but it's all gone too far. I don't see how having that viewpoint, demonstrates a lack of understanding at all. Understanding the state of things can bring emotional response - that's mine. You don't have to subscribe to it.

It seems to me that it may start to be more important to head hunt a financial genius and marketing guru than a centre forward or manager - and even then you can end up against a nonsense club like Man City.

Has the OP surfaced yet or does he normally appear later in the day?

Would be interesting to hear if he has any update.

I'm a night person and last night wasn't so good, when I eventually managed to get up the London Road and home (no thanks to Glasgow's finest) I needed a large brandy.

I did promise an update and am sorry to say that the source has clammed up and the best I could get today was a pretty useless, "the talks are ongoing"; as I said I know there was a meeting on Tuesday but I cannot establish who Whyte and Ellis met.

When I was Secretary of RST I spoke to Ellis' then representative in Guernsey twice and was left in no doubt that Ellis knew nothing about Rangers and saw the situation of the debt/bank etc as "an opportunity" to buy our assets at a knock down price, develop them and sell on in five years time. I have no reason to suppose that Whyte sees it any differently. Ellis simply didn't have the money and his "backers" pulled out when they realised that it was Glasgow Rangers not Queens Park Rangers.

I am fairly sure that Whyte stated early doors that Ellis 25% participation this time round would be in the form of a loan from him (Whyte) presumably to be repaid out of "profits". It seems that Whyte sees Ellis as some kind of football expert or figurehead and that alone must call his judgement into question.

My source is meeting them again in a couple of days when hopefully he/they might be more forthcoming; if I get anything more before heading to Eindhoven on Wed I'll be sure to post it here.