Look forward to hearing more tomorrow.

The tax issue has been known for a year now so surely if they didn't like what they were hearing there they would have walked away months ago?

The tax issue as such is not important, the settlement with Murray/Rangers is what is important and clearly that is what is at issue in the current talks.

I must admit to being concerned with regards to Whyte and Ellis. I agreed with Alastair Johnson when in his first speech as chairman,he spoke about a new buyer having access to unencumbered wealth.(of a significant amount) I have yet to see any evidence of the duo mentioned meeting that

qualification.

While an extremely wealthy individual or individuals would be great isn't it better that we spend moderately and live within our means. If we are guaranteed a �£5m budget for the next 4 or 5 years before any profit from european football and player sales then I think that is more substainable.

the meeting info is rock solid but the why, where and who, I should have tomorrow

The why, where and who will be very interesting but the WHEN is what we all want to know.

Edited by Stefanovitch

While an extremely wealthy individual or individuals would be great isn't it better that we spend moderately and live within our means. If we are guaranteed a �£5m budget for the next 4 or 5 years before any profit from european football and player sales then I think that is more substainable.

I don't see that we can live within our means AND have a guaranteed budget of �£5m pa.

If the buyers are just puutting that cash into the club on top of what they are buying it for then they do seem to have to be extremely wealthy.

I don't see that we can live within our means AND have a guaranteed budget of �£5m pa.

If the buyers are just puutting that cash into the club on top of what they are buying it for then they do seem to have to be extremely wealthy.

Absolutely right. I've never felt comfortable with this 'guarantee' of �£5m per annum from Whyte/Ellis. It smacks of Murrayesque 'and I'll spend ten pounds' nonsense to get the fans onside. How exactly will this guarantee be expressed - will they be lodging the money on acquisition? Of course not. Haven't we had enough of this flybynightery, or are Rangers fans still hungry for more bullshit?

There's only one way to live within your means .... and that's to live within your means, not to cultivate aspirations based on vague promises of magic numbers. What we desperately need is leadership with the ability to run a profitable business, not a business funded by debt. But that takes real ability, not the sleight of hand we've been used to for twenty years and that always gets found out in this sort of operation. There has been no sign whatsoever that Whyte or Ellis has this approach or this ability.

It's sad that a club's success should be more about business acumen and achievement than about the skill of the footballers and the canniness of the manager.

It's sadder that even then the best businessman can be completely trumped by billionaire owner who buys success as a whim.

I think UEFA need to take the German fan owned model and then have some arbitrary rule such as: only gate and membership money are allowed to be spent on players fees and wages with caps on tickets and fees. That would create a sustainable and much more balanced, world of football - of course it would be very good for Rangers. :)