So which players are not good enough?

The general opinion seems to be that our squad is not only smaller than theirs, it's also lower in quality. Looking at their squad and ours, I'm not sure where the individual differences lie.

If McCoist was given the same kind of money as Lennon, who would you want to replace as not good enough? Remember, you can't replace the whole squad...

I think we can keep Weir's dignity by assuming he will definitely, definitely be retiring at the end of the season.

For me, the ones performing the least when we really need them, seem to be Papac, Whitaker and Edu.

I'm not going to beat up on Whittaker just because he's not at his best at the moment because I think he's generally been one of our better players over the past few seasons. When he plays well he's a real asset to the team and having a player who's so versatile is quite important when you have a squad as small as ours. Can't believe people were saying Foster is better than Whittaker just because Foster's come in and played quite well for us. Whittaker has done what Foster's done 20 times over and while he has some stinkers, so do most players. If people want Whittaker to piss off and Foster to replace him, they've obviously got very short memories because Whittaker has done a lot more for our team than Foster ever will. Steven Whittaker - Versatile full back - 166 games for Rangers, 24 goals.

I'm not a fan of Edu at all. Personally, I'd like to see us sell Edu and Lafferty if we can get any money for them. If nobody wants to buy them, I wouldn't renew their contracts. On top of that I feel that we could do better than Papac as he's starting to look fatigued and sloppy. He's been a great servant and has consistently played at levels above average for us, but I'd like to see us finding a replacement in the summer or at least someone to challenge Papac for a starting place if Papac decides to stay. Weir, we all know is done after this season and we need someone to replace him in central defence. I think Davis should take over as captain instead of Jig because I think the responsibility of being captain will improve Davis's consistency and all round game. Jig will only be here till his contract runs out in about 15 months or whatever anyway, so Davis should get the captain's armband this summer IMO.

I really remember the form of Edu at the tail-end of last season when he really played a big role in us winning the league. I can't remember if he played in the very final run-in but he was really impressive for a number of games. If he could find that form back I would be happy to keep him. I would actually like to see him playing in defence for a game.

Whittaker - hopeless, no character, get rid pronto, take what we can get

Edu - flatters to deceive, can't pass, no balance, get rid and raise some money

Lafferty - much as I like his general attitude, he's not a winger and he'll never command a main striker role, get rid and raise some cash

Fleck - hasn't been able to take his chances and he's had a few

Weir - been a fantastic buy but is playing on borrowed time

Forgot about Beattie. He'll be coming back at the summer and we should really be looking to punt him on for as much money as we can get. If our wage bill is getting cut further for next season, then Beattie must go.

I can see us having to sell the likes of McGregor and maybe another key player like Davis to fund this rebuild. Otherwise I don't see where McCoist will get the money to do it.

Most of the players in the team have underperformed, mainly McGregor has been consistent and we will probably lose him but I hope not.

Fleck really only has one game in then months on the sidelines I would give him 5 games starting but obviously players are ahead of him in the pecking order so he won't get that.

Beattie should never have been bought to put it simply, the Jelavic situation was the problem even though they said his deal wasn't anything to do with Jelavic it clearly was.

Goals absolutely sorted: McGregor / Alexander

Defence: Foster, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Papac......if we could get Bartley for a year loan superb

Midfield: Davis (but get the finger out), Ness, Hutton, McCulloch, Kerkar??? Weiss on loan would be great

Naismith: never been a fan of him bar first 3 months of this season.

Upfront: Jelavic - absolute gem. Diouf (id sign him), Healy - hasnt had a chance yet but could be alright.

Punt the rest

Goals absolutely sorted: McGregor / Alexander

Defence: Foster, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Papac......if we could get Bartley for a year loan superb

Midfield: Davis (but get the finger out), Ness, Hutton, McCulloch, Kerkar??? Weiss on loan would be great

Naismith: never been a fan of him bar first 3 months of this season.

Upfront: Jelavic - absolute gem. Diouf (id sign him), Healy - hasnt had a chance yet but could be alright.

Punt the rest

While I would like to sign Diouf for his football ability I do think his bagage is too big and we would be losing him regularly on suspensions. The amount of abuse the guy has had from Celtic players right from the off has been absolutely ridicules and seemingly found okay by referees. I remember in the past Rangers players being taken to court for things they done on the pitch. Why are the police not hearing these nigger chants? Why did the Police not act on Lennon spitting on a Rangers scarf? Why is it that just Rangers players are open to prosecution for on-field offences. There has to be rules but the same rules have to be equal for everyone.