Allan McGregor to Turkey for �£4m?

Like I said, no quotes.

TURKISH giants Galatasaray and Bursaspor are preparing to battle it out for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

MailSport can reveal both clubs had representatives at the Philips Stadion on Thursday night for Gers' Europa League clash with PSV Eindhoven.

They were left disappointed as the Ibrox No.1 was rested to give Neil Alexander a competitive game ahead of next weekend's Co-op Cup Final against Celtic.

But the Turkish sides are both on the lookout for a keeper and bids of around �£4million would force Gers into a reluctant sale.

It's understood McGregor fancies a new challenge and the idea of playing abroad appeals to him.

Bursaspor could be in the box seat as former team-mate Kenny Miller is already at the club. Miller and McGregor share the same agent and the Scotland striker has been pushing Bursa to snap up the 29-year-old.

However, the Turks could face competition from Germany as Schalke are also keeping tabs on the Rangers keeper.

Ibrox manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist would prefer to keep McGregor but might have to raise cash for his rebuilding project.

McCoist has identified Dundee United duo David Goodwillie and Craig Conway as targets.

Conway, 25, will leave United on a free at the end of the season but Gers will have to fight off Wigan, Watford and Swansea to land the winger.

Goodwillie, 21, has been on the Ibrox radar for a while and his deal expires in 2012. United want to cash in now and will sell the striker for around �£450,000.

�£4m? Erm trying to get him on the cheap? These cheeky Turkish teams. I thought he had 2 years left but looking into it he doesn't.

As you say Gazza no quotes but it will be getting close to silly season again and because a fair few of our players have a year left there will be lots of rumours especially in our situation with no new owner and current debts etc.

I think we're influenced by the price tag for Craig Gordon but he went to the Premiership. We'll get more money if MacGregor goes there as I'd imagine they see �£10M as an average fee for an average player - much like we seen �£2M twenty years ago. In fact didn't we pay about �£1M for Goram? But when you think about it, goalkeepers have traditionally go for less money than average...

If he goes to England, I would expect us to get over 5M with add ons. However, like Miller, if he goes to Turkey, we'll get less if he chooses only to go there. The best case scenario is for him not to be bothered where he goes and we have a few bidders.

Really? Gianluigi Buffon was sold to Juve from Parma for approximately �£35m.

I did say "traditionally" and I assume that's record - it's still far less than the �£80M for Ronaldo... Unless there's a load of goalkeepers that go for that kind of money I think my point still holds water.

I did say "traditionally" and I assume that's record - it's still far less than the �£80M for Ronaldo... Unless there's a load of goalkeepers that go for that kind of money I think my point still holds water.

The Buffon transfer was back in 2001.

Of course the chances of outfield player moving on for more money than a GK is increased as there's more of them.