Tony Evans of the Times on the Old Firm

Evans, as Deputy footy editor for the Times has written 52 articles in the past 3 and a half years (roughly) and never once has he written about Rangers, Celtic or anything even remotely related to the subject of sectarianism.

This looks to me like an article written by Britney and published by Evans. It'll reach a wider audience if published in the Times rather than the Scottish edition which doesn't sell very well. Britney has pulled a fast one here becuase he's given Evans a pretty controversial article to publish under his own name whilst at the same time not had to put his own discredited name to such a pile of agenda-filled drivel. Combined with it hitting a much bigger readership, it looks like Britney has stepped up his attack on Rangers and managed to do it by manipulating someone else into putting their name to it. Of course, that's just conjecture/guesswork.

you are 100% spot on IMO.

What annoys me the most is non-rangers and even non-football fans begin to believe this shite, and this b.s. becomes the truth. He obviously hasn't met my friend who was a celtic fan, got a season ticket and swiftly gave it up due to the bigoted pseudo-Irish nonsense. And the embarrassing Neil Lennon.

It's easy to say ignore this rubbish, but the mud is beginning to stick... glad the illegality of singing a song at a football ground has been challenged!

Ra Bhoy in Corduroy's catamite used to be the Guardian's Ewan Murray, however Ewan is increasingly veering off message. Reading Tony Evans' fantasy, it would appear Graham has been utilising his knee pads, again. Graham is the chutney to Tony's cheese.

Dangerous to ignore, potentially very damaging and almost impossible to fight against. This is malicious and entirely intended to smear Rangers. What do you do?

Just discovered that Evans is now the chief football editor for The Times. Should anyone wish to contact someone above his head I'd imagine the only logical target would be the main editor of the publication, James Harding. Even a letter or call from a distinguished lawyer would be likely to fall on deaf ears though unless it could be proven that something in the article was breaking the law.

I would say it's illegally sectarian towards the Orange Order. If the so called, "Famine song" is illegal for it's "undertones", the malice towards the OO in that article is more easily visible.

Otherwise it's defamation of character, but that is a civil case.

The important percentage which he gladly provided was that only 17% of Scottish population is Catholic.

Therefore, for every 8 "offences" theoretically, there should only be 1 by the minority.

A fact regularly overlooked by anyone trying to blacken our name.