"Mr Mac Askill,

I am writing to you in response to the comments you made following the Scottish league Cup Final at Hampden Park on Sunday March 20th. I attended the match as a Celtic supporter and once again was subjected to 120 minutes of racist, sectarian singing from the fans of Glasgow Rangers; if you think that was something to celebrate then we have an even more serious sectarian problem in Scotland than i thought; and that�s saying something.

Your comments included; ââ?¬Å?This was the showpiece everyone wanted to see- it was a great advert for Scottish Footballââ?¬Â you were also reported as saying ââ?¬Å?The players, management and fans contributed to a memorable occasion, and i urge that their positive example inside the ground is replicated outside it over the course of the evening and beyond. Football is a force for good in societyââ?¬Â.

If that is a true reflection of how you actually felt on Sunday at Hampden Park; then you should have been sitting in the section reserved for the fans of Rangers; not in a VIP area; then again maybe you were; i don�t know.

I could go on all day about how disgusted i am with the continuous bile we get from the Rangers supports; every time we have a match against them irrespective of which ground it is at; we are subjected to the same anti- catholic; anti-Irish singing. Just in case you didn�t know Glasgow Celtic is an all-inclusive Football Club open to all; sure we come from an Irish-Catholic background; that is our history and heritage; and we are rightly proud of it; and that is a proud history full of men who were neither Irish nor Catholic.

Mr Mac Askill, you claim to represent a party which wantââ?¬â?¢s an all-inclusive Scotland with your ââ?¬Å?One country; many culturesââ?¬Â slogan; well you have well and truly let down a large section of the Scottish public with your failure to condemn the racist, sectarian singing from the Rangers fans. The Celtic Supporters Association are by constitution Non Political; but i will personally be making it known to our members what i think of your pathetic posturing to the Scottish media; and its allies. Your party supports sending war planes to foreign sovereign countries in support of people who are oppressed; but you offer no support to people who are oppressed in this; their own country; a smacks of a typical SNP Politician; say what you think will get you the most votes; well i sincerely hope that the Celtic supporters who were considering voting for you; or your party are having second thoughts.

Joe O�Rourke,

General Secretary,

Celtic Supporters Association."

Is this real?

Celtic fans have been doing this for a long time now. That's why these songs have supposedly been banned. With the help of Dr.Death and his friends they've gone political on us.

I'm pretty sure that if Rangers and Celtic as employers were investigated for equal opportunities over the last 20 years that both would be pulled up for having a less than representative quota of Scottish Protestants. The problem is that there is a perception that discrimination against a majority just doesn't count...

(I think they would maybe have exemption for the lack of women.)

To say Celtic are open to all is just laughable.

I wonder if he wrote a letter after his fellow scumbags had an anti-poppy/armed forces parade at an away game in November.

An all-inclusive club indeed. I'm ecstatic you're hurting so much, ya bitter, lying wee b*****d.

Edited by nokiss