Sectarianism in Scotland - The Simpleton's Solace

Really great stuff Frankie.

Something I'd like to point out here even although it sounds like a conspiracy theory, is that the majority of politicians who've been heavily pushing the issue of sectarianism in Holyrood over the past decade or so are Catholics. Depsite how it sounds, this is NOT a theory. You can run a search on the Scottish government's website for words like 'sectarianism', 'sectarian' etc and it will come up with a list of all documents and minutes from parliament which contain those words including details of speakers raising and pushing the subject as well as details of every agreed initiative and who the backers were. I spent every night for about a week looking through all of this and tracing the details and persuasion of dozens and dozens of MSPs. My conclusion was that the majority of MSPs raising (and I mean constantly raising) and backing proposals and initiatives on the subject are definitely Catholic politicians. Unfortunately I can't give you figures or lists of names because I lost all of my research when this computer had to be reinstalled after going tits up, but anyone can do what I did and search the government's website for these documents, then search the documents for instances of this subject being raised and discussed in parliament.

Really great stuff Frankie.

Something I'd like to point out here even although it sounds like a conspiracy theory, is that the majority of politicians who've been heavily pushing the issue of sectarianism in Holyrood over the past decade or so are Catholics. Depsite how it sounds, this is NOT a theory. You can run a search on the Scottish government's website for words like 'sectarianism', 'sectarian' etc and it will come up with a list of all documents and minutes from parliament which contain those words including details of speakers raising and pushing the subject as well as details of every agreed initiative and who the backers were. I spent every night for about a week looking through all of this and tracing the details and persuasion of dozens and dozens of MSPs. My conclusion was that the majority of MSPs raising (and I mean constantly raising) and backing proposals and initiatives on the subject are definitely Catholic politicians. Unfortunately I can't give you figures or lists of names because I lost all of my research when this computer had to be reinstalled after going tits up, but anyone can do what I did and search the government's website for these documents, then search the documents for instances of this subject being raised and discussed in parliament.

It sounds such a cliche and could be construed as confirming the stereotype bigot they all rant against ..... but the problem in this country is the catholic church. I don't hate Catholics but I do deeply resent the actions and intent of the cult to which they belong. It is riven with activists who attack anything that isn't part of their cult and they strive continually to undermine anything they see as a challenge to their march. No wonder the catholic cult has been persecuted in earlier times; it's fundamentally corrupt and a dangerously destabilizing influence on the rest of society. The word insidious keeps coming to mind. Catholicism and Islam, two of the greatest dangers facing the civilized world.

A tremendous piece that is far too sensible and factual to ever see it published in the mainstream where it should be.

Or they may possibly change a few things to water it down and make it their own and then claim an exclusive.

Regarding politicians, the problem there is that they (and often the charities they fund) believe sectarianism is actually anti-Catholicism as opposed to the obvious two way street we specifically see at football games.

I think there is a big difference between someone being anti-Catholic and a bigot.

Regarding politicians, the problem there is that they (and often the charities they fund) believe sectarianism is actually anti-Catholicism as opposed to the obvious two way street we specifically see at football games.

Certainly the Catholic ones do and if they don't fully believe that, then they certainly go along with the idea. Either way, it's keeping a wider agenda moving forwards. The problem is that many of these people won't even know they're working on behalf of higher powers with a wider agenda due to compartmentalization. That's not to say that they're all innocent, far from it. For every two or three idiots who don't have a clue what's actually going on there will be one who's actively involved in the wider cabal and in regular communication with 'like-minded' people in other organisations, institutions and companies. To some people it might be starting to sound liike I'm roaming off into conspiracy theory territory this time, but again I don't think this train of thought is a theory, I think it's happenning. It's all about who's got the most powerful cabal. In America it's Jews. In Scotland it's......

• Cabal:- A cabal is a number of people greater than two, together in some close design, usually to promote their private views and interests in a church, state, or other community, often by intrigue. Cabals are sometimes secret societies composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. Its usage carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence.

It sounds such a cliche and could be construed as confirming the stereotype bigot they all rant against ..... but the problem in this country is the catholic church. I don't hate Catholics but I do deeply resent the actions and intent of the cult to which they belong. It is riven with activists who attack anything that isn't part of their cult and they strive continually to undermine anything they see as a challenge to their march. No wonder the catholic cult has been persecuted in earlier times; it's fundamentally corrupt and a dangerously destabilizing influence on the rest of society. The word insidious keeps coming to mind. Catholicism and Islam, two of the greatest dangers facing the civilized world.

Agree with most of that MF, but to the last sentence I'd add some other religions as well. Evangelism, Judaism and Scientology are all powerful and worrying forces and they're not the only ones.

Agree with most of that MF, but to the last sentence I'd add some other religions as well. Evangelism, Judaism and Scientology are all powerful and worrying forces and they're not the only ones.

I wouldn't argue with your qualification.