Bougherra out for a month

Christ. Worst timing possible. Will we perhaps catch a glimpse of Perry?

I very much doubt it. we have too much cover for CH. How long is Bartley out for,does anyone know?

I read Bartley may not play again this season.

Is the Bougherra story not that "he may" be injured for a month? Hasn't he travelled for the Algeria game at the weekend. Maybe he's planning an extended break at home!!!

Broadfoot could be back for the Dundee Utd game although I'm not sure how fit he could be having missed most of the season.

IF Boogie is out, then I think Smith will push Papac to CH and have Whittaker and Foster as fullbacks.

Looks like Bartley is out for season.

Actually - I have a quick update on Bartley in general.

I posted last week that I knew Craig Eastmonds' aunt. he is a 20 year old Arsenal playere who is on lona at Millwall at the moment. I've asked her to let me know if she gets any info on Bartley via Eastmond as I know they are in contact with each other now and again.

many of the younger Arsenal players seemed to have sent texts to Bartley following his injury against PSV and again after Sunday. Just askeing how he was etc. and what the cup final was like, evern though he didn't play.

Anyway the jist of what I got via Eastmond's aunty was that Bartley has really enjoyed his stint with us. Unlikely to play again this season. Blown away by OF atmosphere and has loved the european games - but felt we should have gone for it more !

Wants to have a discussion with Wenger about his future as soon as possible. Won't rule anytuing out at this stage. Ideally wants to be part of Arsenal matchday squad next year. Wants to play in the EPL one way or another. Wishes Rangers were in EPL. Loves it at such a big club as Rangers, but down side is 'having to go to places like St Mirren with 5,000 people'.

Seems like if he could pick Rangers up and put them in EPL he'd be more than happy to stay.

very ambitious lad. looking to get into Englad squad within 2-3 years, so feels he has to start proving himself in EPL.

That's pretty much what I got. Probably no real surprises there but the fact that this has come from the player himself maybe give us more facts on the situation.

I'll update with any other news if I get it.

Edited by MoodyBlue

IF Boogie is out, then I think Smith will push Papac to CH and have Whittaker and Foster as fullbacks.

Looks like Bartley is out for season.

He didn't do that on Sunday though when Bougherra was replaced. Which might be an indicator that Whittaker could cover centre half. Hasn't he already done so this season.

I now see why they are hoping Big Lee will be back!!

Smith might actually try Whittaker there after his showing at the weekend. He could have easily stuck Papac in the centre with Whittaker at left back so it could be a possibility.

If Boogie is out and we have the likes of Papac at CB I just hope Smith will set the team out to attack rather than sit back and try to cover for his loss as it ends up causing more problems.

He didn't do that on Sunday though when Bougherra was replaced. Which might be an indicator that Whittaker could cover centre half. Hasn't he already done so this season.

that's true mate. You can never tell with Walter though. He might see Weiss as a cover at CH for all we know !!

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra hopes to be fit enough to star for Algeria this weekend – despite confusion over the severity of his hamstring injury.

Bougherra was forced off during Rangers’ Co-operative Insurance Cup final victory over Celtic on Sunday.

With fears of a tear seemingly allayed, the defender will now be checked over by the Algerian national team medical staff ahead of their crucial African Nations Cup clash.

And Boogie hopes he can return to full fitness as soon as possible to help out club and country.

He said: “It would be a disaster for me to miss the Morocco match.

“I have been waiting for that meeting for a long time because it’s crucial to our chances of reaching the Nations Cup. I still hope I can make this game.”

Meanwhile, Gers skipper David Weir has revealed an inspirational team talk from manager Walter Smith paved the way for cup final glory.

Smith clinched his 20th honour on his final Hampden appearance and Weir admits he was pleased to see his gaffer bow out on a high.

“His talk to us before the game was special and he’s an inspiration, he really is,” Weir said.

“He makes all the players aware just what it means to play for Rangers and we went out and approached the game in the right way after that.

“I think full credit must go to him for setting us up in the way we did and he asked questions of the Celtic defence by putting attacking players in the wider areas of the pitch and two up top. His tactics were spot on and I was delighted for him.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/crocked-madjid-bougherra-back-for-algeria-1.1092436