Lloyds Give Whyte Go Ahead

Yes but if you opened the streams up to everyone who takes out a membership including the UK you could reimburse a lot of the money you would lose from making it a better deal. I take it the deal went in at the start of the season so really everyone could start when taking membership as your current deal will be almost done.

Maybe I wasnt clear - my point is that if they charge, say, 100 quid (not unreasonable I dont think) for the season then for each new member that is new money. For those who already pay USD300 (which is 200 quid roughly) then they lose 100 quid when that person renews (instead of getting 200 as previously they now only get 100).

If they previously had, say, 10,000 members at 200 a head that is 2 million a season. Reducing it to 100 a season means you now need 20,000 members - obviously they are likely to have the current 10,000 renew but they then need a further 10,000 just to get to the same revenue as before.

I wouldnt expect a refund for the remainder of this season anyway pete - I have paid my cash and am fine with that. My point was more about making sure the club are making more revenue than currently.

The problem with offering streams of live games to UK punters is that the other clubs would never go for it. I know that these other clubs can't seem to make their mind up as to whether they need the old firm or not, but when it comes down to money they are quick enough to speak up and change their view to suit their bank balance.

You could split any membership type into UK and non-UK members. Non-UK members pay a higher fee to receive live streams of games (effectively this happens right now anyway). You have a flat fee EVERYONE pays (for some kind of incentive - discounted merchandising, stadium tour - something....) and then an excess that the non-UK members pay to receive the live stream.

It seems like we need 50,000 members paying a �£100 annual membership fee - but what would you get for your membership?

They could probably get a lot of people interested with a package something like this @ �£10 per month, so �£120 yearly -

5% off cost of Season Ticket.

Monthly letter from the board via email including a quarterly letter via snail mail.

Invitation to attend the AGM.

2 x 20% off vouchers for Rangers Soccer Schools Residential Camps.

30% off the cost of RangersTV yearly subscription.

5 x 25% off vouchers for Rangers Megastore.

2 x 25% off vouchers for Rangers matchday hospitality.

2 x 25% off vouchers for online Rangers DVD store.

20 x 10% off vouchers for Rangers personalized prints.

20 x 10% off vouchers for photos and Special Edition Memorabilia at rangerspics.com.

Guest Pokeherface

Reports that Whyte and Rangers board are currently in a meeting with 'all parties keen to get it done'. I doubt Murray would allow that meeting to happen if Whyte had not provided proof. Who knows though?