Lloyds Give Whyte Go Ahead

Nothing specific, but just that there isn't that much cash behind the deal. Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but there's normally some positive vibes being put out about these deals, but they aren't coming through this time.

Nothing specific, but just that there isn't that much cash behind the deal. Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but there's normally some positive vibes being put out about these deals, but they aren't coming through this time.

I think mate if Whyte didn't have the money would this of got this far, i don't think so.

I think mate if Whyte didn't have the money would this of got this far, i don't think so.

That's true but much of the grapevine is talking about how Whyte is struggling for cash and still looking for investors to help with his bid.

That should be worrying to us all but I'm hoping some of this is misinformation to put the Phils of this world on the wrong track.

Seems strange that a paltry �£25M is needed to take over a major club totally debt free and no-one can raise the cash.

I think that initial fee isn't the problem but the ongoing alleged �£5million per annum of 'new' money.

Outwith the usual sources I see no way for Whyte to provide such money other than from his own pocket (or via some new investment - be it a share issue or landbank development).

I doubt a share issue could raise �£25million from the rank and file so he'd be reliant on investment from wealthier people. However these folk wouldn't put in such amounts for nothing. As for land development that would depend on GCC but perhaps this �£4million retained debt is a pointer with STV suggesting it was for the Albion Car Park.

Ironically, the rank and file spent around �£30M on visiting Manchester but there is no appetite for investing in the future of the club. I think this is due to the lack of any return on the investment - not just money-wise but any benefits at all. Share prices fall at an alarming rate and you will lose most of your money, with virtually no say in the running of the club, how the money is spent, or any other recognition for your stake. There is just no incentive bar a better Rangers, which is not guaranteed.

It seems like we need 50,000 members paying a �£100 annual membership fee - but what would you get for your membership?