UPDATE: Murray agrees to sell to Whyte

I would have totally no problem if all the big money men got together to finance the club. The only problem then though is, could they work together, or would it be a case of too many cooks.

I would have totally no problem if all the big money men got together to finance the club. The only problem then though is, could they work together, or would it be a case of too many cooks.

This would be ideal in my eyes but could it lead to infighting and a power struggle

This is what I would prefer and something I've been thinking about for a while,there must be a lot of wealthy Rangers fans,but as you say Pete could it work??

Could this be a sign that Whyte is already planning his exit strategy? I guess it is common sense to plan ahead but you could read things in different ways.

For example, Whyte could be looking to bring along other investors to spread the risk. He could also be playing various people to get the best deal possible. However, it could also mean that he is looking at this as a short term investment, possibly linked to a property deal of some description (hence Mr Ellis' involvement).

QUOTE]

No question in my opinion. I posted some time back that as Secretary of RST at the time of Ellis' propsed deal I spoke to his representatives in Guernsey who made no bones at all about the fact that they had introduced the idea to Ellis as an "opportunity" and that once he had made his money in say 5 years time he would be happy to sell to the Trust or anyone else for that matter.

As I and a number of others have posted, the land in the south west corner is the jam on the pie and development is made easier now that the Hinshelwood flats have been demolished.

Seems strange after all the bank has gone through to reduce Rangers debt, they would agree the sale, to someone who might have to take on more debt.

I don't think Lloyds care about that so long as THEY aren't the lenders. They are really scared about the bad press they are getting, which is why they agreed to allow Whyte to finance the �£1m interest rate differential so they could say there were no obstacles to the deal from their side.