UPDATE: Murray agrees to sell to Whyte

I think the problem we may have here is that Whyte is looking for contributions from people who think they may be able to buy the club themselves for the money being talked about.

Are you suggesting Whyte has gone cap in hand to King, Park etc

Are you suggesting Whyte has gone cap in hand to King, Park etc

I'd have thought it would make sense for any potential buyer to approach the high-net worth Rangers community for their contributions - be it financial or strategic.

What I think is happening here is a game being played out. Both sides of this sale are using the media and/or well placed fans to put out their side of the deal as it is playing out.

For example: SDM/MIH will be keen to pressure Whyte into a quick 'expensive' sale by leaking questions about his financial viability. Conversely, Whyte will be keen to question/pressure the bank to reduce the price.

Only clear thing for me is this is all taking a bit too long IMO. Season ticket renewal deadline is May 12th - I'd offer that as Judgement Day.

Could this be a sign that Whyte is already planning his exit strategy? I guess it is common sense to plan ahead but you could read things in different ways.

For example, Whyte could be looking to bring along other investors to spread the risk. He could also be playing various people to get the best deal possible. However, it could also mean that he is looking at this as a short term investment, possibly linked to a property deal of some description (hence Mr Ellis' involvement).

More questions with so few answers.

For example: SDM/MIH will be keen to pressure Whyte into a quick 'expensive' sale by leaking questions about his financial viability.

The problem is that not all the questions about the financial viability are coming from SDM/MIH.

I thought Whyte had to prove before now, that he had the money to see this through.

Surely when the bank approved the sale, Murray has agreed to sell. and he has had a meeting with AJ, he has somehow managed to convince them he has the wherewithall.

Or am I being naive!!

The problem is that not all the questions about the financial viability are coming from SDM/MIH.

Of course not but they will be coming from those who are not exactly pro-Whyte (such as existing directors).

I'd suggest that if Whyte wants to buy the club and is capable of financing that purchase and the ongoing investment he should be doing so asap. Sure, low season ticket income and not winning the league may reduce the price further but the price may also go up if the opposite happens.

Meanwhile we're being asked for at least �£422 which is bordering on emotional blackmail given the uncertainty.

I thought Whyte had to prove before now, that he had the money to see this through.

Surely when the bank approved the sale, Murray has agreed to sell. and he has had a meeting with AJ, he has somehow managed to convince them he has the wherewithall.

Or am I being naive!!

From what I can gather, Whyte had to prove that he could get the money to buy the club, which he appears to have done, but it's the proof of future funding that is the issue...and perhaps proving that he could get the money is easier than actually producing it?

The problem is that the rumour mill is out in force and it's difficult to know what to believe.

Or am I being naive!!

Again, Whyte has proven he has the money to buy the club. A deal was agreed in principle over a month ago with MIH.

However, as far as I'm aware, he still has not shown how he intends to finance the club going forward (i.e. this �£5million per annum transfer budget). That is the main stumbling block.

Obviously other factors such as the outstanding tax query (and the new tax liability) will be being used by Whyte to reduce the price to help him finance investment. The fact he's having to do this is perhaps good business sense but it also raises questions about his net-worth.

The problem is that the rumour mill is out in force and it's difficult to know what to believe.

Yeah there is definitely a propaganda war being played out. Only certainty is that nobody knows how close this deal is to fruition.