I very much doubt they would accept singing up to the knees in Celtic blood. That is no different than fenian blood and still has a hate feel to it. I don't see what is wrong with Billy boys to be honest although Rangers would be better.

I think it's worse to sing about Celtic fans. You are singing about opposition fans and not some semi-mythical gang from the 20's or 30's that nobody cares about.

I knew we had trouble coming when Regan had words with Platini recently and it was in the press that Platini actually spoke specifically about sectarianism in Scotland. It's entirely possible that the RC church has Platini's ear as well since he is of course RC and the Nazi pope is a massive football fan.

They are opening a can or worms here. I lived just outside Rotterdam for 4 years from 2000-2004 and was a regular at Feyenoord including two years as a season ticket holder.

I'm sure you know the reputation that Feyenoord have and it is well merited. They pushed the boat with UEFA for years, but it was not with singing it was with stabbing, rioting, starting fires and making away fans in Europe feel unsafe.

When Feyenoord play at De Kuip on regular Dutch games the away fans get a train to the stadium from their own ground and have a tunnel right into the away end so there is zero scope for trouble. So the hooligans, and fans in General (Feyenoord fans in general are aggressive) can't wait for European games as they know fans arrive willy nilly and will be in town.

I have seen them play, Newcastle, Juve, Spurs, various german and Greek teams and from 10 in the morning in R'dam those fans are being attacked. I saw one sickening attack at Central station where a Juve fan was beaten to a pulp then slashed.

At the ground it's a nightmare for away fans as it is actually not that well lit and there are nooks and crannies where the Feyenoord fans hide then pounce as Newcastle fans found out.

Feyenoord did get banned for Europe a few times but it took them starting fires in Germany and wrecking the place before that happened and they had warning after warning after warning over 10-15 years before anything was done.

I know this is a new approach from UEFA but if we are the scape goat then where does it stop?

its no ones faul but our own. we have been warned time and time again both at home and in europe and it still goes on. what is it going to take to stop it? being banned totally from europe? getting deducted points in the spl?

The easy way to avoid all this is actually simple. Don't sing the songs.

We all know this is a deeply flawed situation, but the simple fact is UEFA are never going to change their minds. We are obviously being used as the scapegoat no thanks to various media outlets, Graham Spiers and the letter writing lego eaters from the east end.

There's a bullet out there that people need to accept they have to bite.

The trouble is that it is almost impossible to get people to respect the rules when there is one rule for them and virtually no rules for anyone else...

I agree, but i'd hazard the guess that UEFA are adopting the attitude of "we have to start somewhere" and The Rangers are the starting point??

PS I might be wrong but Celtic fans seem to be cleverer in that they know when to cool it just enough with their sectarian and IRA bile - and they know how to craft it in a way where they can say, "it's our culture and politics". Our fans are clueless in that respect which is one of the reasons we keep getting shafted by them.

It's ironic that the fans criticise the team and manager so much when they are actually doing a reasonable job, while they themselves are effectively the diddies in the stands and playing the most dreadful and negative tactics.

I very much doubt they would accept singing up to the knees in Celtic blood. That is no different than fenian blood and still has a hate feel to it. I don't see what is wrong with Billy boys to be honest although Rangers would be better.

As it cannot be argued that Celtic are a religion, nationality or race, they may not like it but there is nothing in the rules against it.

You only have to go over and have a look on RM to see what the problem is. 15 page thread on the matter and 99% of the posters are still coming up with the excuses as to why they get sung.

Obviously I am also wary of why it is just us that are getting singled out but it looks like UEFA are wanting to start somewhere(they can't start on the other lot as they have barely been in Europe the past few seasons) and it looks like it is going to be us.