What I don't understand is how you ban us for three matches. Which three matches? Qualifying matches? Group stage matches? What? Can't see how it could work.

What they have done in the past is not allowing any supporters in the ground, just press, team officials and delegates.

Make teams play home games more than 100miles away from their home base.

Ban a team(s) totally from the competition for up to 5 years as they did with all English clubs. Rangers were also banned after Barcelona as well of course.

What I don't understand is how you ban us for three matches. Which three matches? Qualifying matches? Group stage matches? What? Can't see how it could work.

Seems to be our fans at away matches, so presumably our next 3 European away games of any sort.

Seems to be our fans at away matches, so presumably our next 3 European away games of any sort.

I doubt if they could stop Rangers supporters getting tickets from local sources or the Black market,more of a statement than a ban I would imagine.

What they have done in the past is not allowing any supporters in the ground, just press, team officials and delegates.

Make teams play home games more than 100miles away from their home base.

Ban a team(s) totally from the competition for up to 5 years as they did with all English clubs. Rangers were also banned after Barcelona as well of course.

OK, I see that's possible. Thanks, I took the headline too literally.

I doubt if they could stop Rangers supporters getting tickets from local sources or the Black market,more of a statement than a ban I would imagine.

Presumably if they felt Rangers fans were flouting the ban then they could take tougher sanctions, such as no crowd at a home game.

I heard about this on Tuesday on the way to Perth, although the exact ban and fine are mere speculation at this stage, perhaps more on precedent than anything to do with our specific case.

It is certainly unique in our position that it is only at away games there is this problem, and therefore a ban on away fans would not hurt the club at all, safe for the loss of income from TC re the travel club, which is not a significant sum anyway.

It is now time for our club to launch a complete defence, citing all the moronic behaviour of other clubs that pass off without punishment, including our city rivals, and be prepared to take this all the way to the Sport Court.

Anyway, after the excellent conduct by Rangers fans in recent times, if this doesn't finally wake up someone at Ibrox to start dealing with MacGholliwog, Spiers and the rest then we desperately need new folks in charge of the club. Bain talks tough in the Record article but nothing ever gets done with these partisan journalists.

Breaking news on SSN and this is from the BBC website:

Rangers supporters Rangers fans are facing Uefa sanctions

Rangers are to face a UEFA disciplinary hearing over allegations of sectarian singing during last month's Europa Lague match away to PSV Eindhoven.

The club's chief executive Martin Bain says they are "utterly dismayed" by the decision and that they will defend the club's position "vigorously".

Rangers were fined �£8,280 by Uefa for their fans' behaviour during a match against Osasuna in May 2007.

Bain said it was "absurd" to suggest it was only Rangers who had this problem.

The chief executive stressed that the club condemned sectarian singing and that had "been made clear time and again".

"We are not saying there is not a problem but we are saying that for many years now we have made strenuous attempts to address it," he added.

"We do, however, believe that it is absurd to think that only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs.

"That is patently not the case and we are left to conclude that there is a disproportionate focus on Rangers.

"It has also become clear that there are people who have been deteremined to undermine our club at any cost and have constantly lobbied Uefa and other organisations to take action against Rangers."