Anyway, after the excellent conduct by Rangers fans in recent times, if this doesn't finally wake up someone at Ibrox to start dealing with MacGholliwog, Spiers and the rest then we desperately need new folks in charge of the club. Bain talks tough in the Record article but nothing ever gets done with these partisan journalists.

Would banning them from Ibrox deter their attacks or work as a catalyst for more attacks?

I don't understand the fans who know that by singing the banned songs will mean Rangers getting punished for it yet they still do it?!?!?!

cos they're sticking it to the man and getting it right up the hand wringers.

That is part of the problem, but the bigger part is how we seem unwilling to defend the club, fans and chuck guys like spiers out.

The fans who defend the singing of the "banned" songs state that UEFA have never issued us with a banned song list, and that it was Murray who made it up for his own purposes. Claims of a letter being waved about but never shown, it never being reproduced on the RFC website or UEFA website meaning it didnt exist, and some wanting us to defiantly sing our songs of heritage and let them come after us if they dare.

I can see both POV in this, but prefer to side with caution, and singing TBB at a match is not entirely necessary to show who and what we are, and therefore I can do without it. It can still be belted out with pride on the busses, in our pubs and at our functions, and that doesnt get the club into any kind of bother.

I would expect us to defend this action in the way we should have defended the first action in Osasuna, and for us to threaten to open a can of worms that UEFA do not want opened if they continue on this campaign against a club with one of the biggest travelling supports in Europe.

cos they're sticking it to the man and getting it right up the hand wringers.

That is part of the problem, but the bigger part is how we seem unwilling to defend the club, fans and chuck guys like spiers out.

You have to ask "Who are the 'hand wringers'?" Are they the ones who are fed up of the pseudo religious, "I'm such a bad boy" bullshit which is detrimental to the club they claim to support? Or the ones who hand wring about the right to proclaim loyalties to a razor gang they wouldn't have the guts to join, an order they know almost nothing about and wouldn't get in anyway, a god they don't believe in or worship in any way, a son of a god whose teachings are completely opposite to their beliefs and actions, a royal family which makes them cringe, a union which contains a majority of the population they can't stand, a political party they don't vote for etc, etc?

It's the "proddy traditionalists" who are the hand wringers in my eyes. They need to stop hand wringing and get real.

The annoying thing is that all it would take the hand wringers to do was to sing "Rangers boys", "Celtic blood", "scummy bastards" in stead of "fen' bastards", "you can't stand it here" instead of "the famine's over", and drop the No Pope of Rome and FTP.

If you want to play the game, you need to know and abide by the rules - and UEFA are making the rules for their competition. Fans complain about players being stupid enough to be sent off for dissent or throwing the ball away - how are the fans being any more intelligent?

The annoying thing is that all it would take the hand wringers to do was to sing "Rangers boys", "Celtic blood", "scummy bastards" in stead of "fen' bastards", "you can't stand it here" instead of "the famine's over", and drop the No Pope of Rome and FTP.

If you want to play the game, you need to know and abide by the rules - and UEFA are making the rules for their competition. Fans complain about players being stupid enough to be sent off for dissent or throwing the ball away - how are the fans being any more intelligent?

I very much doubt they would accept singing up to the knees in Celtic blood. That is no different than fenian blood and still has a hate feel to it. I don't see what is wrong with Billy boys to be honest although Rangers would be better.