Finished 4-1 to Benfica.

PSV were horrendous. It just goes to show how poor a team we are.

To be honest Gav I think we could have humped PSV if we had went out to fight instead of rolling onto our backs and letting them tickle our tummies. Walter Smith overestimated them and played far too defensive.

To be honest Gav I think we could have humped PSV if we had went out to fight instead of rolling onto our backs and letting them tickle our tummies. Walter Smith overestimated them and played far too defensive.

WS overestimates every team we play in europe and plays defensively.

PSV were brutal tonight but they beat us at Ibrox.

Clearly not as bad as some would make out having only just fallen off top spot in the Eridivisie. You cant judge a team on one poor result in any case.

Tbh were should have had at least one penalty and they should have been down to 10. Anyway some silly Rangers fans that I have been seeing on other forums rate PSV higher than Benfica which I find very, very poor. Benfica are technically more classier than PSV, Cardozo, Aimar, Gaitan, Contreao etc.

19 goals in the 4 quarter finals. 1 more than the CL quarters.

Looks like Portugal will dominate the Semi finals. Porto and Benfica are already there bar a miracle and Braga have the advantage against Kiev.

Clearly not as bad as some would make out having only just fallen off top spot in the Eridivisie. You cant judge a team on one poor result in any case.

I'm judging them on last nights performance hence why I said 'PSV were horrendous'.

We've fallen off top spot in the SPL and for about 95% of the games this season we've been hellish to watch. Doesn't really mean anything!

Could it be that Benfica are actually a very good team? There are a lot of people who seem to think some of the best footballers in the world are shit - which means everyone else is incredibly shit... Logically and semantically, it's now hard to understand what makes a good team if 99.999999% of teams are shit.

It's also incredibly glib to say a team don't look great and so we should have beaten them. Your local Sunday league champions are obviously piss-poor in comparison but try putting a team of mates together to beat them...

You might think PSV might be crap but as one of the best teams in the Dutch league, with the state of Scottish football, the state of our grass roots system, the state of our finances and the size of our squad, what does that make us? As I said before, if in our state we are better than the best of the Dutch even with their much larger population, then the Dutch system must be a load of baloney and they should be studying our system.

Somehow, I don't think it is. I think people have to get real about our standard and no matter how poor the Dutch are, we are going to generally be worse.

I think Alan Curbishly hit the nail on the head about the Portuguese league when he pointed out that they can take on any Brazilian without the same criteria as us for a work permit. They may not be able to afford the top stars but there are countless players over there of a very high standard that don't make the national team and are on less money in a third world country. There isn't even a language problem.

It seems to me that when we beat any team or give them a good game the automatic reaction is they are shit. It's usually the attitude of one's enemies but now it mostly seems to come from the fans. But the cyclical logic makes no sense - if we're shit because any team we beat is really shit so when we lose to a shit team it's no surprise we must be shittier than them, and so how can they be "there for the taking".

They may be there for the taking for a better team but we obviously aren't that team.

People have to make up there minds whether we're shit or not and what constitutes being good. In the end it's a load of nonsense and is very insulting to our team who are doing pretty well in the circumstances.

Dutch football is pretty awful m8. It's no major achievement to be top of the league. The days of Ajax being the kings of Europe and PSV and Feyenoord being major football powerhouses are well in the past.

Dutch football is probably below the Championship these days.