RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/244236-whytes-takeover-of-rangers-delayed/

Businessman Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers has hit a snag with talks over his purchase of the club likely to continue at the end of the current season.

Whyte has been in lengthy talks over a move to buy Murray International Holdings' majority shareholding in the Ibrox club. While no deadline had been set for the takeover of the club a conclusion to the process had been expected in a matter of weeks, if not days.

It now appears that the move, which is subject to approval by an independent committee attached to the club, has been delayed. A source close to Whyte has said that the hold-up is not due to any hesitation on the businessman's part.

The source said: "Craig Whyte is in position to close a deal immediately.

"Everything is ready to go but some members of the independent committee are dragging their heels and want to delay a takeover until the end of the season."

More to follow...

Anything in this Traynor comment tonight that there is a hold up/ further problem?

I hope not. I don't know if Frankie has heard anything. I would imagine if Frankie had heard anything he would have posted it.

Am I correct in saying that there are two other backers coming in with Whyte who are yet not been named??. Rumour I know bit have you heard anything regarding this Frankie?.

It has been the case throughout that people are unsure where Whyte is getting the funds to invest into the club.

Ergo, I'd suggest that there will be other people involved but to what extent I don't know.

This is something else which makes me feel very uneasy. Someone buying the club with silent partners gives off the impression that they're likely to remain silent. I could be wrong of course, but it would still be nicer to know exactly who's funding the takeover.

Guest BRIANMC1

This is getting ridiculous now and these board members need to start telling us what is going on?

Self preservation?

Ulterior motive?

What the fcuk is going on?

Guest Dutchy

I'm remaining stoical about it. It will happen when it happens, nothing my brain get worked about about usually effects the outcome, so just let if happen.

Sometime before I die would be good.

If it's true that the board are causing a last minute delay there's 3 possibilities:-

1. The board genuinely doesn't agree that Whyte and his backers taking over is right for the club.
  2. The board doesn't agree that Whyte and his backers is right for the club because certain board members want the club themselves.
  3. The board thinks it would be prudent for the club to stall a takeover until after the HMRC case is concluded.

It's also plausible that it could be various combinations of those options.