RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

Frankie did you hear any more about the other buyers that were supposed to have come in?

Not at this stage no.

My own viewpoint on this (and it is merely speculation) is that the alleged alternative bid may have been from people Whyte wanted involved in any case. Not sure what is happening there.

Guest Sjp1873

The lack of information on the plans of the prospective owner is a concern, it would be nice to know that a quick slash and burn operation to turnover a few million isn't what Whyte has in store for us.

Long term I don't think we will see a huge increase in wage structure, like now I think it is prudent to maintain a reasonable structure of wages with a core of better players earning a higher amount like Davis, Jelavic and a commanding centre half. Ideally the rest if the team being more related to performance bonuses. Is it worth trying to bring in some younger talent from out with these shores with the promise that better performances leads to am move down South and as means to keep them to the price structure promise a percentage of the sale as an incentive? If they enjoy being at The Rangers and show themselves to be central to our squad they can move up to the higher banded players.

Sadly IMO,Rangers will need to adopt a strategy that sees us potentially groom up and coming stars and sell for decent income to accommodate regular freshening of the squad as CL football continues to become harder and harder to achieve.

Oh........ And tell spiers not to darken our door again.

I doubt any fan has a problem with cutting our cloth to match our circumstances. If we can't afford to pay for expensive players (fees or wages) then we don't take the risk - simple.

However, that doesn't mean we can't still have the ambition and innovation to maintain success. That is what is missing from SDM (and the rest of the board) so that is what I'm hoping Whyte will bring (as well as the money!)... ;)

Not at this stage no.

My own viewpoint on this (and it is merely speculation) is that the alleged alternative bid may have been from people Whyte wanted involved in any case. Not sure what is happening there.

Am I correct in saying that there are two other backers coming in with Whyte who are yet not been named??. Rumour I know bit have you heard anything regarding this Frankie?.

Am I correct in saying that there are two other backers coming in with Whyte who are yet not been named??. Rumour I know bit have you heard anything regarding this Frankie?.

It has been the case throughout that people are unsure where Whyte is getting the funds to invest into the club.

Ergo, I'd suggest that there will be other people involved but to what extent I don't know.

Takeover guru Southside_Shug over on FF has maintained that Whyte has two backers - one based on these shores and one overseas.