RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

If it's true that the board are causing a last minute delay there's 3 possibilities:-

1. The board genuinely doesn't agree that Whyte and his backers taking over is right for the club.
  2. The board doesn't agree that Whyte and his backers is right for the club because certain board members want the club themselves.
  3. The board thinks it would be prudent for the club to stall a takeover until after the HMRC case is concluded.

It's also plausible that it could be various combinations of those options.

Instinct tells me this is an ego driven agenda. A few in this board know they are going to be out a job when he takes over so they are trying to hold onto their jobs rather than take care of the club

Or the board members are happy to continue to be paid well for doing fcuk all knowing Whyte would probably replace them.

I can't see any of the board members motives being driven by an extra few weeks allowances.

Instinct tells me this is an ego driven agenda. A few in this board know they are going to be out a job when he takes over so they are trying to hold onto their jobs rather than take care of the club

That could indeed be the case, but I'm inclined to think a last minute stalling would be related to the tax case too.

One thing that's worth mentioning in this mudpit of confusion is that we were told by AJ that this independant committee would only have the power to advise and give their opinion on any takeover. We were told that they would NOT have the power to block any deal. So unless that was another big fat porkie, then this rumour of the board blocking the deal is complete and utter bullshit.

That could indeed be the case, but I'm inclined to think a last minute stalling would be related to the tax case too.

One thing that's worth mentioning in this mudpit of confusion is that we were told by AJ that this independant committee would only have the power to advise and give their opinion on any takeover. We were told that they would NOT have the power to block any deal. So unless that was another big fat porkie, then this rumour of the board blocking the deal is complete and utter bullshit.

Yeah i get that too.

I am scared that on the first day of this tax case that the Club have been presented with a great big "TAKE THAT" from leftfield that is going to cripple us more financially.

it's all very fustrating

Can anyone remember who was in that committee? John Grieg was one I am sure.

Hi

First time poster on here - although I've got the same username on FF.

Bit frustrating all this - but my first take is if AJ is stalling there must be a valid reason. For valid reason read "in The Rangers' best interests."

However, I might be wrong - I've made a bad judgement call on this takeover already!

God - someone's going to write a book on this eventually.