RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

Funnily enough this is my first post after joining today, damn takeover is running my life at the mo and a poster mentioned that this was a good forum to join for a slightly different perspective.

I really should be working, I've been a long time poster on FF and thought I would give another forum a look.

Cheers for having me along.

Welcome also!

Always worth checking out all the different sites in the RFC community. :thup:

Guest Spit the dog

Thanks Frankie.

It is a bit of a step into the unkown I guess. We have just got to hope that he has the best intentions for the club and us the supporters. There is so much work that neeeds to be done, both on and of the field that the current custodian isn't prepared to do.

Whyte obviously must realise that he has to make significant funds available for Ally to re-build the squad. It would be great as a minimum, to feel like we were on level playing ground with the other side.

It would also be good if he stood up and fought back against the enemies of the club who continue to attack us

Thanks Frankie.

It is a bit of a step into the unkown I guess. We have just got to hope that he has the best intentions for the club and us the supporters. There is so much work that neeeds to be done, both on and of the field that the current custodian isn't prepared to do.

Whyte obviously must realise that he has to make significant funds available for Ally to re-build the squad. It would be great as a minimum, to feel like we were on level playing ground with the other side.

It would also be good if he stood up and fought back against the enemies of the club who continue to attack us

Yeah, I'm sure we all have our own particular bugbears that we'd like to see addressed.

Personally I doubt we'll see a huge change in the way the club is run. Sure we may have some more money available for new players which is crucial for next season especially but for other stuff I'm not as certain - especially when we don't know where the cash is coming from and the fact Whyte has admitted to being a novice in the sports business.

This proposed takeover is exciting and is arguably required but until we know more we simply can't decide if it is better than the status quo in the long run. That's worrying and is tempering my enthusiasm still.

I still maintain that SDM will not sell us to anyone that can not take us forwards.

Also, he's not daft, him, Walter, and CW know that confirming the take over tomorrow or this week has a massive psychological lift for us as fans, the dressing room which has a knock on effect to the atmosphere at Tanadice and Ibrox as well as giving the players an adrenalin injection.

The timing of this takeover might have been engineered for this week on purpose??

I still maintain that SDM will not sell us to anyone that can not take us forwards.

Also, he's not daft, him, Walter, and CW know that confirming the take over tomorrow or this week has a massive psychological lift for us as fans, the dressing room which has a knock on effect to the atmosphere at Tanadice and Ibrox as well as giving the players an adrenalin injection.

The timing of this takeover might have been engineered for this week on purpose??

Love that line , cause weve really been pushing the boundaries in the last 11 years , Europe trembles at the thought of our participation NOT

Love that line , cause weve really been pushing the boundaries in the last 11 years , Europe trembles at the thought of our participation NOT

I agree. He lost the right to judge what's best for us some years ago. Until he's gone we will not progress.

I agree. He lost the right to judge what's best for us some years ago. Until he's gone we will not progress.

It's a fair point but I think it is important that if we're to go through all the rigmarole of regime change that we have a reason for doing so.

Extra investment is one good reason as while a change may be good for change's sake, we have to be sure we'll be better off financially to bring about the changes that are required. Sure, Murray is being somewhat hypocritical in demanding investment he can't/won't provide and I'd also like to think any stipulations just won't be financial but strategic.

For example: no sale and leaseback of the stadium; no sale of the training ground (unless a better alternative is built before it is sold); and no further financial burden for supporters (unless we get something tangible for our trouble).

All in all, while every bear should be excited at any prospective takeover, we can only be sceptical until Whyte et al outline their plans.

That's a different entity though mate. I know fine well SDM splits the support. The kind of person i am, i can't help see the good in people. I was a season ticket holder for most of the nine in a row and remember the feeling i used to get walking out Ibrox during those times.

BUT!! I know he's fucked up since then, to put it mildly, so don;t think i am defending him over his recent years at Ibrox