RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

FF's Shug just had his informers texting this ...

Well, well ...

All along people have made the point that Whyte lacks the finance to fund the ongoing investment stipulation.

IMO and it is only in my opinion I believe the issue is that Whyte (and any other bidder be it via a MBO or another external party) may be after the same financial backers.

Thus, I think the problem we may have is that these people don't know which horse to back so keep changing their mind.

No matter the whole thing is a shambles and no-one is coming out of this with much credit as long as the supporters are left to speculate on deliberately fed tit-bits.

Guest BRIANMC1

Suck did say the deal was 'done at �£50mil' and put in front of board to be 'rubber stamped' 2 weeks ago so you will excuse my scepticism.

To me a lot of people are doing their best columbo impression and coming up with scenarios.

Suck did say the deal was 'done at �£50mil' and put in front of board to be 'rubber stamped' 2 weeks ago so you will excuse my scepticism.

To me a lot of people are doing their best columbo impression and coming up with scenarios.

The deal was supposedly agreed in principle with MIH over a month ago.

The problem has always been that Whyte has allegedly struggled to provide for the ongoing investment deemed necessary by the seller. It seemed that had been given over the weekend which prompted some excitement.

Frankie

What is your view on it now ?

do you feel this deal is now dead or do you suspect some other twist ?

another season of downsizing and cost cutting will hurt us, we won't compete after losing the likes of Davis and Bougherra and possibly McGregor in summer which IMHO is extremely likely with no takeover.

another season of downsizing and cost cutting will hurt us, we won't compete after losing the likes of Davis and Bougherra and possibly McGregor in summer which IMHO is extremely likely with no takeover.

I agree that we can't afford another year of penny pinching. We've actually been kind of lucky with the downsizing as we've still won championships and trophies and had a couple of runs in Europe but our luck will surely run out in the face of ever increasing obstacles with an ever decreasing quality of squad.

Now is such a good time for us to get back on a financial footing and be on a level financial playing field to Celtic. We've survived the belt tightening for as long as we dare so the takeover would prevent us sustaining any real, permanent damage.

Celtic have shown you can sink pretty low and still bounce back strongly, but all Rangers fans will hope we don't have to go there and there is still the risk you will take a fantastically long time to recover - just look at Leeds.

Frankie

What is your view on it now ?

do you feel this deal is now dead or do you suspect some other twist ?

No I don't think it is dead.

I believe we are seeing two interested parties playing out their attempt to buy the club via media spin.

How can the current takeover panel be deemed impartial if some or all are involved with a rival bid?

I don't know - see my ethics question earlier this morning when reviewing last night's news.