RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

Guest damien

Hi folks, haven't been on in a while. This takeover saga is beyond the joke, as mentioned above if our board are plaing Russian roulette with our club and it goes tits up I sincerely hope the fans can unite to do something about it.

Nice to see you on mate and agree with your sentiments.

Unfortunately it is probably because the support do lack unity/leadership that people take our opinion for granted as they know we'll moan online but that's about it.

:(

So many stories and rumours coming from all over the place just now. I hope like everyone else it goes through asap but also think Whyte is doing the right thing and won't be taken for mug which is why it's taking so long. I used to be the opposite and didn't like folk posting any rumour for the sake of it but it's a forum and that's what keeps these places going :)

I'm a lurker on FF and the rumours/posts from here are some of the best on there!!

So many stories and rumours coming from all over the place just now. I hope like everyone else it goes through asap but also think Whyte is doing the right thing and won't be taken for mug which is why it's taking so long. I used to be the opposite and didn't like folk posting any rumour for the sake of it but it's a forum and that's what keeps these places going :)

I'm a lurker on FF and the rumours/posts from here are some of the best on there!!

I don't particularly like posting rumours as I understand they only add to the speculation as opposed to ending it but so far we've done pretty well in our commentary of the situation here.

Always best to use all sites though as it's easy to miss relevant points if you just use the one. Appreciate not everyone has the time to surf the whole community though so it's good to see valid stuff appearing elsewhere.

:)

Dunno whether there's an actual split or anything to this "rumour" at all. We're facing a tough week and someone's got to do something about it, it seems.

Obviously, in nigh any takeover I witnessed neither involvee has shown his/her cards opoenly until all was done and dusted, so why would it be different here. As some FFer said, probably a maximum of 6 people will know what is going on and these people are hardly likely to give anything away.

I just hope that this "wrangle" does not take any concentration away from tonight's and Sunday's game, for whatever happens with the club as such will only affect the management and players from the end of May onwards.

Frankie - What are your sources saying this morning?

Who is holding this up? Is it a unanimous decision or are the board split?

Uncertainty prevails mate but evidence suggests a management buy out (possibly backed by others) may be the alternative to Whyte - the 'irons in the fire' talked about by AJ the other week. That is merely speculation though.

This would explain why Whyte is trying to get the deal done asap.

Either way the onus is now on the committee to approve or reject the Whyte bid.

Dunno whether there's an actual split or anything to this "rumour" at all. We're facing a tough week and someone's got to do something about it, it seems.

Obviously, in nigh any takeover I witnessed neither involvee has shown his/her cards opoenly until all was done and dusted, so why would it be different here. As some FFer said, probably a maximum of 6 people will know what is going on and these people are hardly likely to give anything away.

I just hope that this "wrangle" does not take any concentration away from tonight's and Sunday's game, for whatever happens with the club as such will only affect the management and players from the end of May onwards.

I agree with most of that. However, I also know both sides of the deal will leak information to spin the situation to their advantage. I trust the bears are capable of making up their mind on what is happening here but some genuine detail would be nice.

Your final paragraph is the most important one though. A win tonight is imperative if our title challenge is to remain in place.