RFC Sale - To be announced tomorrow?

Precisely why Ive barely discussed any talkover on any thread this season. Everything is speculation until its a done deal and these snags have been far to common. I never did think it was going to be done 2 weeks ago when it was supposed to be the final day.

seems steven smith of the RST thinks certain board members are hoping for administration so they can conveniently pick up the pieces at the end of the season for coppers!

I for one don't approve. There is a nasty smell that goes along with administration - witness Traynor's comments about Dundee this season.

You can't just say, let's not pay the bank and let's get the HMRC case out of the way There's bound to be some wee man/business who doesn't get paid, and it's very, very bad PR that will linger for years.

Why do they want it delayed till the end of the season, the only reason I can see is they hope/know another bid will be launched. To delay until then, with what it would mean to ST sales, and the plans of McCoist for next season, there must be a very good reason.

Even delaying the deal, doesn't mean Whyte would walk away, so there would be the consequences of the delay and Whyte might end up being the new owner anyway.

Whatever is happening I'll not hold my breath waiting for the Club to explain.

This is beginning to turn into a farce now, if whyte does walk away are rangers ready for administration and the penalties that come along with such circumstances, the board members are playing russian roulette and it looks as if it's a bad game, season ticket renewal deadlines will have to be extended as no supporter will just hand over money willy nilly :(

I for one don't approve. There is a nasty smell that goes along with administration - witness Traynor's comments about Dundee this season.

You can't just say, let's not pay the bank and let's get the HMRC case out of the way There's bound to be some wee man/business who doesn't get paid, and it's very, very bad PR that will linger for years.

How does that work? We win the league then the next day enter administration? Any other outcome would see us hit with a deduction of points and turmoil all summer long. We've waited 4 or more years for a buyer. Now we have one the board don't want to sell.

This is beginning to turn into a farce now, if whyte does walk away are rangers ready for administration and the penalties that come along with such circumstances, the board members are playing russian roulette and it looks as if it's a bad game, season ticket renewal deadlines will have to be extended as no supporter will just hand over money willy nilly :(

AJ might have a very good reason for wanting a delay, but with Supporters being asked to shell out hundreds of pounds, someone must give an explanation.

Why do they want it delayed till the end of the season, the only reason I can see is they hope/know another bid will be launched. To delay until then, with what it would mean to ST sales, and the plans of McCoist for next season, there must be a very good reason.

Even delaying the deal, doesn't mean Whyte would walk away, so there would be the consequences of the delay and Whyte might end up being the new owner anyway.

Whatever is happening I'll not hold my breath waiting for the Club to explain.

Let's look at the possibles:

1. They don't want approve the Whyte bid until he provides further guarantees.

Given he's now been involved for almost 6 months it is worrying that any independent committee still don't fancy him as a new owner. AJ also spoke positively of Whyte the other week. This seems bizarre at this stage.

2. They're stalling to give other interested parties time to form their own bid

They may have been made aware of another potential bid so are giving them to chance to match the Whyte one or change the political/financial circumstances of the club to force a change in sale terms. While another bid may well be possible (as we suggested the other week) any stall tactic seems rather unethical and unlikely IMO.

3. The tax gorilla

It may be that in a few weeks we'll know more about our obligations to the tax 'query'. This could affect the deal significantly. I'd be surprised though if this hasn't been covered in depth by all interested parties and already accounted for in any agreed deal.

All in all, while it seems that today indeed looked probable as announcement day, something is causing one side of the negotiations to get cold feet. Unfortunately, as always, it is us fans (the ones asked to put in �£20million a year without so much as a murmur) to invest again without knowing why this deal is still incomplete.

That is an absolute disgrace and all parties (be it MIH, SDM, LBG, AJ, the board or indeed Craig Whyte) are guilty of taking our support for mugs.

I would also add though that you'll remember the other week that leaks from the Whyte camp quickly forced LBG into clarifying their part in the sale (again to this site).

This could be the same tactic to force the independent committee to give their say one way or the other. As such, a quick end to this saga may still not be out of the question.

I would also add though that you'll remember the other week that leaks from the Whyte camp quickly forced LBG into clarifying their part in the sale (again to this site).

This could be the same tactic to force the independent committee to give their say one way or the other. As such, a quick end to this saga may still not be out of the question.

That's my hope. I just don't understand why 2 weeks ago AJ was happy with Whyte and his plans yet now it's the opposite. What has changed? Is it the gorilla in the room?