Bougherra to QPR?

• 2 weeks later...
Premier League new boys QPR are set to launch a �£1m bid for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra after their promotion to the top-flight.

Rangers boss Neil Warnock has been keeping a close eye on the Algerian defender with the Scottish giants set to sell the centre-half this summer following his refusal to sign a new deal.

Warnock is keen to strenghten his defence ahead of QPR's inaugural season in the Premier League and even sent scouts to watch Bougherra during Rangers comfortable 5-0 win away to Motherwell at the weekend.

The Ibrox star who previously played for Crewe, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton before his move to Glasgow is believed to be interested in a return to England and the QPR boss is confident of completing a deal before his squad return for pre-season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1382687/QPR-set-launch-1m-bid-Rangers-Madjid-Bougherra.html#ixzz1LCJUI2DB

If they offer �£1M I think he'll be off. He wants to go. That said, if we do get taken over, Whyte may play hardball.

QPR might not even go up, plus I still find the figure unacceptable if we do get new owners then our selling policy should be much improved playing hardball imo is better. I rather keep him or try and involve the Qatari club for a bidding war.

QPR might not even go up, plus I still find the figure unacceptable if we do get new owners then our selling policy should be much improved playing hardball imo is better. I rather keep him or try and involve the Qatari club for a bidding war.

Dunno, but unless I am mistaken, no-one can QPR catch now? One game to go and first place secured? Or do they have some legal battle running?

Despite Bougherra not having a great season I'm pretty sure we can realise more than �£600K for him.

�£2-3million should still be possible.

Agreed. He's Algerian POTW, and I'm sure his agent will be punting him for more.

Dunno, but unless I am mistaken, no-one can QPR catch now? One game to go and first place secured? Or do they have some legal battle running?

They are apparently in breach of the "3rd party ownership" rules - they are staring down a possible 15 point deduction. And it could get very messy in the Championship.

There's strong indications that Bougherra could end up in Turkey because I think there's interest from more than one Turkish club. Hopefully we don't just accept the first offer, but play it cool and get a good price.