Here we go again - more anti Rangers propaganda from the bheasts

The crazy thing is that the song would be fine if we slightly changed one F**n word to "Fuckin'". And that would harldly be nicey, nicey or PC for all those idiots who think they are hard or something when they sing "naughty" stuff.

That might have worked 5 years ago, but we're way beyond the point of getting away with singing an altered version because there's plenty people just waiting to accuse us of singing the so-called 'naughty' one.

IMO TBB should be belted out on Sunday with the change of a few words.

That's madness Gribz. Total madness. We've got a hearing with UEFA next Thursday and you're suggesting TBB is sung on Sunday with a few words changed? No offence mate, but I think you've lost the plot!

That's madness Gribz. Total madness. We've got a hearing with UEFA next Thursday and you're suggesting TBB is sung on Sunday with a few words changed? No offence mate, but I think you've lost the plot!

Correct. it's a tough one to take but we need to ditch it

Correct. it's a tough one to take but we need to ditch it

Agreed - but let's face it, there's a few things that need ditched - and they're invariably add-ons. There's too many have been thrown in for the sake of it - they're not particularly funny, they're not particularly smart, and they're not particularly cutting. They're just dumbed-down efforts to be offensive which sound more dumb than offensive in my book.

We've got them in old traditional songs, old Rangers songs and new modern day songs. I've stood next to guys who sang nothing else but the add-ons - the rest was la-de-da!

And make no mistake - I'm not a hand-wringer - but we WILL need to stop, or we will be brought to our knees and then some. This juggernaut is not going to stop, and the "but the others are worse" excuse will not help us.

You've missed my point. IF the words could be changed by everyone attending then why can it not be sang. As i said if other fans can sing it with non banned / illegal (Im unsure what is still illegal) words then why cant we.

Dont get me wrong I couldnt imagine 43000 managing to change words but IF it was changed then by all means sing it.

You've missed my point. IF the words could be changed by everyone attending then why can it not be sang. As i said if other fans can sing it with non banned / illegal (Im unsure what is still illegal) words then why cant we.

Dont get me wrong I couldnt imagine 43000 managing to change words but IF it was changed then by all means sing it.

I didn't miss your point at all mate. I completely get it, but it would never work and is total insanity. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.

I didn't miss your point at all mate. I completely get it, but it would never work and is total insanity. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.

But IF (big if) words were changed and all sang words relating to Rangers....or even said we are Struth boys (like Man U do with Busby) surely that cant be wrong?

Im confused, I honestly dont know what is banned / illegal / allowed on songs and words and for who (see last sentence). I know sectarism is one thing and Im for stamping that out altogether, the removal of the word fenian should go and can be done IMO but the majority need it in black and white.

But I also feel strongly about you cant have rules for one and not for another. Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee utd are all at fault also with vile but I dont see any authorites or their own clubs making statements against them.

But IF (big if) words were changed and all sang words relating to Rangers....or even said we are Struth boys (like Man U do with Busby) surely that cant be wrong?

Im confused, I honestly dont know what is banned / illegal / allowed on songs and words and for who (see last sentence). I know sectarism is one thing and Im for stamping that out altogether, the removal of the word fenian should go and can be done IMO but the majority need it in black and white.

But I also feel strongly about you cant have rules for one and not for another. Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee utd are all at fault also with vile but I dont see any authorites or their own clubs making statements against them.

Gribz, it's confusing for fans here in Scotland never mind guys like yourself living abroad. The bottom line is that if the fans sing TBB on Sunday even with completely different words, there will be mad tims spreading the word about TBB being sung, writing letters of complaint to the media, politicians, anti-racism organisations and UEFA. The situation is now so bad that even just singing the first two words of the song could effect our UEFA case next week. To emphasise how bad it is; if the fans sat in silence on Sunday and went home quietly, we'd possibly still be accused of something.

Edited by Zappa

The point is that we (and only we) have been charged and had the song banned from our repertoire, first by UEFA, now by the club et al. No matter what the rest do or how we twist the words. I would assume that UEFA and the relevant institutions in Scotland will keep a close look at us, but won't charge us if we air the "Edu" version. Everything else will be reported and persecuted. It obviously hurts when the Tims belt out their "HaHa" version, but it makes a defeat handed to them all the more sweeter.

This war is not won by singing TBB or FTP in spite of the rules. This war is won when Timothy faces the same repercussions as we do for their songs of hate and pro-terrorists. To win - or rather succeed in - this war, you have to challenge those who imposed the ban (not Rangers, but UEFA) and tell them what our songs are about (which I did in a long letter to UEFA regarding the PSV games). And second to report Celtic when next they have a game under UEFA jurisdiction for their offensive and vile chanting. They sowed the wind, so they will have to cope with the storm. ONCE they start playing in Europe again ...

Has anyone else considered the irony of sellik complaining about their being the target for bombs etc, and their support being very vocal in their support for people who indiscriminately blow up their fellow citizens by exactly those means?