Guest Pokeherface

The big picture contains no conspiracy... Looking at it dispassionately and clearly, assuming that the obvious answer is the right answer for a second....Lennon is a c#nt and he goes out of his way to annoy people of a loyalist/protestant nature. He has been sent a bomb in the mail. It stands to reason that some bam with no sense of right or wrong or capability to function like a half decent human being has sent him a bomb. That is the prima facie case here.

yes, there are scum fans going out of their way to discredit the club but by fuck, they dont need to resort to sending bombs to folk because every time the club play, some fans give them copious amounts of ammunition.

Again, is a celtic fan really going to send a device that could kill or maim their hero? is a celtic fan going to risk lennons wife deciding that it is all not worth it and forcing him to walk? is a celtic fan really going to risk pressuring their very public defender into jacking it in over safety concerns and a senior politician to remove herself from any defence of the club through fear? Are they really going to go to those lengths to blacken the name of our club? even though the club can, will and has covered itself perfectly by condemning it and saying it is hee haw to do with us? If they were doing it to blacken the name of Rangers, they are failing because even that absolute walloper McBride says it is nothing to do with Rangers and a 'lone individual'. The only thing they could even hope to prove is that 'there is an individual wanker somewhere out there who hates celtic'.

Reading back through that, it is MORE ridicilous than I first thought to be honest.

I am a very firm believer, having overcome a few demons myself, that the only way you can move forward in life is to accept your failings and look inwards for the causes of your problems. Yes, outside influences are at play and they are hell bent on destruction but that NEVER gives you the right to ignore what happens in your own house and dismiss it as nothing. We should never ever be scared of saying 'yes, there are idiots amongst us' because there are and the only way we can deal with it is to face up to it, not cast around in all directions looking for someone else to blame.

When I mentioned the big picture I meant the BIG picture, not this alleged bomb threat fiasco. The big picture I speak of is the organised campaign against Rangers Football Club.

If they were doing it to blacken the name of Rangers, they are failing because even that absolute walloper McBride says it is nothing to do with Rangers and a 'lone individual'. The only thing they could even hope to prove is that 'there is an individual wanker somewhere out there who hates celtic'.

I don't think you're seeing the woods for the trees. The fact that Rangers is even being mentioned in this whole bomb threat fiasco throws up the question of 'so, was it a Rangers fan?'. McBridey is a QC and would know fine well that by saying it was nothing to do with Rangers, he's actually suggesting the exact opposite.

Guest Pokeherface

That, beyond even the merest hint of a debate, is right. However, caution is needed because if we start blaming them for everything, we strengthen them and make it far easier for their shennanigans to go unchecked. In effect, they can point at things like this and say 'well, they blamed celtic fans for bombs to lennon, why should anyone listen to them blaming celtic fans for x y or z?'

What happened to them pre mccann and the way they dealt with it has set them up perfetly for life in Scotland today. they were forced to come together in order to save their club and they have been able to move forward as a pretty cohesive group since then. We, on the other hand, seem to prefer bitching about each other and moaning about celtic fans more than actually trying to save our own club or, heaven forfend, starting a fightback.

Guest Pokeherface

So? again, we need to accept that there are arseholes amongst us. The chances are very very good that it is a Rangers fan, almost a certainty I would say. An individual Rangers fan doing something dispicable blackens the name of the club no more than a convicted murderer supporting celtic blackens theirs (doig or whatever that mongoloid looking bassa is called). A single Rangers fan is no more a spokesman for Rangers than you, or me, or any other individual fan.

it goes back to people being far too eager to find conspiracies where in all likelyhood they do not exist rather than face up to a problem.

Celtic are benefiting from a compliant media but one can only admire how well they've used this situation to their advantage - by communicating and working together they are a very cohesive unit. You see it right across their online community - never mind offline.

We're light years behind them but hopefully the Monty/RSC led thing may help us gain some ground.

So? again, we need to accept that there are arseholes amongst us. The chances are very very good that it is a Rangers fan, almost a certainty I would say. An individual Rangers fan doing something dispicable blackens the name of the club no more than a convicted murderer supporting celtic blackens theirs (doig or whatever that mongoloid looking bassa is called). A single Rangers fan is no more a spokesman for Rangers than you, or me, or any other individual fan.

it goes back to people being far too eager to find conspiracies where in all likelyhood they do not exist rather than face up to a problem.

You're right in one sense, but I strongly disagree that it's a 'certainty' this was done by a Rangers fan. There is no such thing as a certainty and while that might sound pedantic, it's also right on the money.

Guest Pokeherface
You're right in one sense, but I strongly disagree that it's a 'certainty' this was done by a Rangers fan. There is no such thing as a certainty and while that might sound pedantic, it's also right on the money.

If you are going to be pedantic, and then point it out yourself, you might want to make sure you are using the right words mate :D I didnt say it was a certainty, at any point at all infact.

If you are going to be pedantic, and then point it out yourself, you might want to make sure you are using the right words mate :D I didnt say it was a certainty, at any point at all infact.

I 'almost' had you! :D

;)