Celtic are benefiting from a compliant media but one can only admire how well they've used this situation to their advantage - by communicating and working together they are a very cohesive unit. You see it right across their online community - never mind offline.

We're light years behind them but hopefully the Monty/RSC led thing may help us gain some ground.

I'm actually getting the feeling that we aren't that far behind them on this Frankie. Losing our UEFA case next week would be a serious blow on many levels, but knocking your opponent down with a sly uppercut doesn't mean you've won the fight.

Guest millportbear
More and more people are coming round to the thinking this is an charade and these bombs are fake sent out to blacken Rangers name, i thought it was to all to convenient from the start.

I've been saying the same thing myself mate.

Far to convenient for the bheasts. " the vicTIM card is in fullmode"

See if it was Ally McCoist that was getting these bombs what would we be saying if we were reading that Celtic fans were saying it is a Rangers fan sending it to him to blacken Celtics name?

See if it was Ally McCoist that was getting these bombs what would we be saying if we were reading that Celtic fans were saying it is a Rangers fan sending it to him to blacken Celtics name?

I'd be saying that you can't compare us to them. Seriously.

The way I see this one is that you have to say that the guy or guys sending these parcels is/are bonkers. If you realise that the perpetrator(s) is mad then it doesn't really take too much of a leap in imagination to realise that it could in fact be a mad Celtic fan trying to make a perverse point in his own mad way.

It has to be a possibility. All bets are off when you are dealing with people who are clinically insane.

The way I see this one is that you have to say that the guy or guys sending these parcels is/are bonkers. If you realise that the perpetrator(s) is mad then it doesn't really take too much of a leap in imagination to realise that it could in fact be a mad Celtic fan trying to make a perverse point in his own mad way.

It has to be a possibility. All bets are off when you are dealing with people who are clinically insane.

Correct.

Just a matter of moving the goalposts back again. But, like the Celtic/Reid PR machine, you need to hammer away at this constantly - not blatantly - but subliminally. You know you're on to a winner when the media and Joe Public start using the term too.

BTW - do we actually have a PR department? If so, they want to be shot for allowing Coisty to say what he did yesterday. He was almost apologetic - as if any of this is the fault of the Rangers - which it most certainly isn't!

Edited by bluebear54

Nobody should be blaming anybody in this until someone is caught. Even then the clubs are not responsible for every idiot that wears their club colours.

I can see this from both sides in that I can imagine that a mad Rangers supporter could do it but I can also imagine that a group of Celtic supporters could also do it to blacken the name of rangers supporters. One thing is for sure the idiot(s) have to be caught.

It could be anyone,that's true,but when you read the likes of this it would seem minds are already nade up by some.

Police try to calm fears of Celtic supporters before trip to Ibrox

• Police play down speculation of random attacks on fans

• Every officer on duty for trip to play Rangers in Old Firm game

Strathclyde police have appealed for calm among Celtic supporters ahead of Sunday's Old Firm game amid fears they could be targeted in a similar form to the club's manager, Neil Lennon.

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/21/celtic-rangers-old-firm-attack-police?