Sorry to post this in Rangers chat but it seems more than relevant to us so I chose this forum. If any mod disagrees, fair enough, shift it.

While I don't condone any person being targetted with a bomb, all the press and media outlets do is look at the act. They don't look at the cause or the past baggage.

As Frankie has so eloquently put it in the past, Lennon is someone with a tarnished past, who has provoked, incited and wound up at every opportunity. This was especially prevalent in his playing days where he flagrantly wound up Rangers fans, being incendiary beyond words. He is a known bigot himself and has always been at the centre of controversy and confrontation. When I heard he'd been targetted with a parcel bomb, quite honestly my sympathy stretched thin.

Don't get me wrong, it's not right to want to 'maim or kill' anyone, but Lennon has poked the bear (quite literally) and has now provoked some maniac to target him. He's provided the ammo, and now some madman or woman has pulled the trigger.

McBride is the same - his outspoken rant belittling in colourful language both the SFA and Rangers appealed similarly to the lowest common demoninator in Scottish football, and the result was the sending of a bomb.

I don't know much about the politician, but publicly showing off your colours in the way she did wasn't the wisest thing to do. She is though, by far, the least guilty of the parties and has my most genuine sympathy.

Frankie raised El Hadji - tbh, we're lucky he has so far not provoked something similar because he too is winding up opposition fans and being incendiary to stupid degrees.

I should say; I am not condoning any of these acts, it is wrong and dangerous and was certainly carried out by a sick person or persons. But ours is an ill society and behaving in irresponsible ways can only lead to dire consequences.

Those in the OF should behave themselves. Pity some never really have.

Nacho Novo received a fair amount of abuse because they hated him and his love for our club IMO this is the exact same thing as what is happening to Lennon

again I don't condone it and any threats against people's lives can't be taken lightly but Neil Lennon isn't the victim they would have you believe.

again though this is just my own opinion

the idiot(s) doing this and sending threats needs to be caught and punished in right manner. If it is one of our own then they have to realise that it is doing our club no favours at all.

Nacho Novo received a fair amount of abuse because they hated him and his love for our club IMO this is the exact same thing as what is happening to Lennon

again I don't condone it and any threats against people's lives can't be taken lightly but Neil Lennon isn't the victim they would have you believe.

again though this is just my own opinion

the idiot(s) doing this and sending threats needs to be caught and punished in right manner. If it is one of our own then they have to realise that it is doing our club no favours at all.

Do NOT fall into their way of thinking. There is a WORLD of difference between Lennon and Novo.

Lennon is a proven bigot. He instigates trouble wherever he goes. He is a protagonist. He patronises with proven members of the IRA.

Novo did none of those things. He simply signed for us and rejected them. He simply enjoyed every goal he scored against them.

The hate spewed towards Novo had nothing to do with Novo, it was all about THEIR hatred of our club and the fact the wee man signed for us and said he could never sign for them. Lennon's situation is completely different.

Sorry but there is absolutely NO WAY that you should be trying to compare Lennon and Novo.

Do NOT fall into their way of thinking. There is a WORLD of difference between Lennon and Novo.

Lennon is a proven bigot. He instigates trouble wherever he goes. He is a protagonist. He patronises with proven members of the IRA.

Novo did none of those things. He simply signed for us and rejected them. He simply enjoyed every goal he scored against them.

The hate spewed towards Novo had nothing to do with Novo, it was all about THEIR hatred of our club and the fact the wee man signed for us and said he could never sign for them. Lennon's situation is completely different.

Sorry but there is absolutely NO WAY that you should be trying to compare Lennon and Novo.

Perhaps i worded it wrongly mate

I mean in level of abuse they receive from stands is similar, what happens off the field is totally different.

Guess the point i was trying to make was that Novo's abuse was mainly put down to the rivalry between clubs and ignored by media and radio stations

yet Lennon receives similar and it is highlighted and made out to e something it is not.

I said earlier on another thread that I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them behind it all

trying to bring further shame on our club.

The thing that should be pointed out is that this story has NOTHING to do with Rangers, Rangers fans or even football.

It is the story of a sick psychopath who has targeted someone for abuse. That can happen in any part of society and which part has no relationship to the nutter.

We don't even know who this person is or what their motives are, what their religion is or which football team they support but it's irrelevant in any case. If others of his ilk are tarred with his psychopathic brush does that mean his/her nationality, gender, race, what TV programs they watch, which breakfast cereal they eat are all relevant - and anyone who has anything in common with him is de facto to share the blame?

Are all John Lennon fans responsible for his death? All men? All Americans?

Who do we point to in society to blame for the random, sick acts of psychopaths? To try and find anyone guilty by a contrived association is beyond the realms of common intelligence and decency.

It's time to completely disown this act and the perpetrator.

Guest Pokeherface

lennon is a swine, there is no mistake and he fully deserves a smack in the face. Bombs? 'fraid not and it lowers whoever it was past his level.

Do people seriously think that some celtic fan is sending these? they are viable, meaning they would work, meaning they would kill if they got through. The only way around that is lennon, the qc and the politician all being in on it and warned, unless people genuinely think that some celtic fan would actually risk killing folk to blacken the name of the club. Denying and deflecting is what they do and we seem to be slipping into the habit. It is nothing to do with Rangers but it is almost certainly some random nutjob with a blurred sense of reality and a hatred for celtic.

Do people seriously think that some celtic fan is sending these? they are viable, meaning they would work, meaning they would kill if they got through. The only way around that is lennon, the qc and the politician all being in on it and warned, unless people genuinely think that some celtic fan would actually risk killing folk to blacken the name of the club. Denying and deflecting is what they do and we seem to be slipping into the habit. It is nothing to do with Rangers but it is almost certainly some random nutjob with a blurred sense of reality and a hatred for celtic.

I think we're being fed bullshit and some people are buying it. I've read about this in many many news articles now and NOT ONCE do they talk specifically about live bombs needing to be defused by the bomb squad! Instead, they use words like 'viable' and other bullshit buzzwords as well as make assumptions, unsubstantiated statements and insinuations. WTF is 'viable' supposed to mean in this context? A replica gun that can't kill someone is a viable weapon and so is a litre of petrol and a box of matches.

Guest Pokeherface

Are we really in a place where we discount there being an individual guy with a Rangers/loyalist leanings in favour of people from the other side risking lives simply to blacken our name? Really?

Again, we seem to be casting around in all directions rather than looking at the most obvious situation which is a trait we laugh at them for. We are the largest supported club in the country by a good margin. A certain percentage of the population are arseholes therefore it stands to reason that a certain percentage of the support are going to be, well, arseholes.

Perhaps I'm just buying the bullshit after-all, but fucked up conspiracy theories and long shot guesses intending to do nothing but dodge issues are not in my nature. if that makes me gullible, fair doos.

Are we really in a place where we discount there being an individual guy with a Rangers/loyalist leanings in favour of people from the other side risking lives simply to blacken our name? Really?

Again, we seem to be casting around in all directions rather than looking at the most obvious situation which is a trait we laugh at them for. We are the largest supported club in the country by a good margin. A certain percentage of the population are arseholes therefore it stands to reason that a certain percentage of the support are going to be, well, arseholes.

Perhaps I'm just buying the bullshit after-all, but fucked up conspiracy theories and long shot guesses intending to do nothing but dodge issues are not in my nature. if that makes me gullible, fair doos.

We're simply discussing these things and nothing can be discounted. I didn't really mean to insinuate that you're buying the bullshit, but I DO think we're being fed a lot of bullshit. There's a BIG difference between a conspiracy and a 'conspiracy theory' and if you look at the big picture here you don't need a third eye to see a conspiracy.