Shameless bump for this one. Seems more and more people are coming round to my way of thinking in the OP.

Lennon's conduct is why he's been targetted.

I saw a post on Facebook pointing out MON, a Northern Irish Catholic had NOTHING like the problems Lennon has.

It's nothing to do with religion, politics or nationality and everything to do with how hated Lennon is by Scottish football and Scottish society as a whole.

Shameless bump for this one. Seems more and more people are coming round to my way of thinking in the OP.

Lennon's conduct is why he's been targetted.

I saw a post on Facebook pointing out MON, a Northern Irish Catholic had NOTHING like the problems Lennon has.

It's nothing to do with religion, politics or nationality and everything to do with how hated Lennon is by Scottish football and Scottish society as a whole.

The attack on TLB last night has already been stated as being a '' sectarian attack '', how do they know this?,the guy has not even made a statement!!!

The attack on TLB last night has already been stated as being a '' sectarian attack '', how do they know this?,the guy has not even made a statement!!!

Both sets of fans are getting accused of sectarian singing last night. We all know about the disgraceful song book from Celtic fans last night, but Hearts fans were singing TBB amongst other things, so basically combined with the nasty atmosphere that errupted, it makes it easy for the media to class it as a sectarian attack.

I haven't read what's been in the papers and media today yet, but I want to know if Lennon was winding-up or gesturing to the Hearts fans after Celtic scored. Someone on another forum said that Lennon ran up the touchline going mental and wound-up the Hearts fans. I'm not trying to condone the attack, but if Lennon made any sort of gesture to Hearts fans then it's highly likely that it was a catalyst for the attack and all the trouble which followed.

Both sets of fans are getting accused of sectarian singing last night. We all know about the disgraceful song book from Celtic fans last night, but Hearts fans were singing TBB amongst other things, so basically combined with the nasty atmosphere that errupted, it makes it easy for the media to class it as a sectarian attack.

I haven't read what's been in the papers and media today yet, but I want to know if Lennon was winding-up or gesturing to the Hearts fans after Celtic scored. Someone on another forum said that Lennon ran up the touchline going mental and wound-up the Hearts fans. I'm not trying to condone the attack, but if Lennon made any sort of gesture to Hearts fans then it's highly likely that it was a catalyst for the attack and all the trouble which followed.

In which case surely there's some sort of offence he could be charged with, like incitement. Remember Boruc was nearly charged for a much more innocuous act IIRC.

This is an email I was sent

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my email.

Whilst watching last nights SPL game between Hearts and Celtic ("broadcast on Sky Sports1 between 19.45 and 21.45 on May 11th 2011"), I was sickened by the sectarian songs and blatant support from the Celtic support for the terrorist group IRA. The past few games I have watched involving Celtic, have been the same. Therefore, I decided to write an email to all I think who would/should also be concerned.

We are not talking about sectarian words that are being sung like the Rangers fans have been charged with. We are talking the sectarian murders of over 2000 innocent people, soldiers and policemen. Below is a list of songs being sung and if you need further proof, please listen/watch the game again. I'm sure any right minded person will AND should take action against the club and people involving such hate mongering and naked sectarianism.

Sectarianism is Scotland does need to be eradicated but this will not happen when focus is only shown on one team.

Could you please email me back and let me know your thoughts on this and what action will be taken.

Thank you, for your time.

Here are the list of songs and times they were sung...

1.44 - Oh ah up the ra

3.08 - Roll of honour

6.03 - Off to join the IRA/Boys of the old BrigadE (First minister Jack Mcconnell made this song illegal and as such it is an arrestable offence - similar to 'the billy boys'

10.04 - Oh ah up the ra

15.38 - Oh the wee 'huns' are shite (the term 'hun' has been deemed a sectarian word by the courts and as such is an arrestable offence - similar to 'fenian' (despite Celtic's chants of "paddy mccourt's fenian army)

22 mins - Merry Ploughboy

38.45 - get the brits out now

44.00 - oh ah up the ra

50 mins - Neil Lurgan Racist and Bigot, like me and you, he's a Provo too (provo refers to the Provisional IRA)

53 mins - Full IRA Chants

55 mins - Never defeat the IRA

58 mins - Cheer up jim jeffries...sad 'orange bastard'

59 mins - Oh the Wee 'huns' are shite

64 mins - IRA all the way, f**k the queen and the uda.

66 mins - Off to join the IRA

72 mins - Michael Fagan shagged the queen

73 mins - go home ya huns

79 mins - go on home British Soldiers

87 mins - Wee huns are shite

I wonder how many people from the media and politicians will come out and condemn.