Anybody post on here and FF, any admin??

same story for me Guys. I had an account on FF for years but rarely posted, just every now and then when I took the notion. Anyway, after supposedly lurking for nearly a decade I was suddenly "an obvious Tim" because I dared to contradict the central collective.

Best to avoid the place I'd suggest, ran and populated by extremist nutters imho.

Guys,

This isnt aimed at anyone in particular but we prefer not to get involved in a slanging match with other forums. Everyone has their issues with every forum (surely nobody has an issue with Gersnet though.....) so best to leave the complaints about other forums at the door upon entering Gersnet.

Thanks all

Guest The Duke

i'll be totally honest i've used FF for 4 years now, i've only got 2500 posts approx as im not really a big poster and more of a lurker.

i've had a couple of three day bans for posting my opinion or saying somthing admin dont like. there are a few uber admin on it but you just take the hit and get over it. one thing is though id never slag Gersnet or FF or any Rangers forum for that matter( in not saying anyone here is btw )we are all from the same family and these forums are more often than not usefull for breaking news and stories regarding our great club.

WATP

Guys,

This isnt aimed at anyone in particular but we prefer not to get involved in a slanging match with other forums. Everyone has their issues with every forum (surely nobody has an issue with Gersnet though.....) so best to leave the complaints about other forums at the door upon entering Gersnet.

Thanks all

No pobs mate, tbh i was not having a go at FF, was really just a bit surprised that i could get banned for what i said.

i'll be totally honest i've used FF for 4 years now, i've only got 2500 posts approx as im not really a big poster and more of a lurker.

i've had a couple of three day bans for posting my opinion or saying somthing admin dont like. there are a few uber admin on it but you just take the hit and get over it. one thing is though id never slag Gersnet or FF or any Rangers forum for that matter( in not saying anyone here is btw )we are all from the same family and these forums are more often than not usefull for breaking news and stories regarding our great club.

WATP

Unfortunately there's an inter-forum rivalry between FF, VB, GF and RM which makes them basically forget they're supposed to be on the same side. I know only too well, I was suckered into the nonsense myself once upon a time.

Regardless of anything else, there's a problem when forums get very large and popular in that it can be difficult to make a point and engage in discussion without some people's postings being overlooked or easily missed. There's definitely something to be said for an active forum with a smaller regular bunch of users imo than having a massive amount of posters.

Unfortunately there's an inter-forum rivalry between FF, VB, GF and RM which makes them basically forget they're supposed to be on the same side. I know only too well, I was suckered into the nonsense myself once upon a time.

I'd say there was rivalry between FF and both RM and VB, but GN, VB and RM all get on fairly well. FF don't want anything to do with GN, which is their perogative but I wouldn't say there's a rivalry between us. Don't know anything about where GF fit into anything.

I said he deserves anything he gets for being so stupid to post something like he did. Is that wrong?

Yes, it's VERY wrong.

You are saying Weiss deserves getting death threats from Tarriers for having a bit of banter with them?

Weiss should be a bit cleverer when using such sites as he knows he'll attract such negative attention (and press). However, there's a difference between a misguided attempt at banter and receiving disgusting abuse.

As for other forums, please contact the admin there as we can't answer questions on their disciplinary actions. :)

Regardless of anything else, there's a problem when forums get very large and popular in that it can be difficult to make a point and engage in discussion without some people's postings being overlooked or easily missed. There's definitely something to be said for an active forum with a smaller regular bunch of users imo than having a massive amount of posters.

To be honest in regards to GersNet, I loved it here in the past. You could get to know various posters well as it was really small, have great debates and one on one conversations with fellow Rangers fans without being lost in the crowd. I introduced theboyharley to this forum and back in the day, it was in my opinion the best Rangers forum around.

The poster Craig even bought me my first membership for the RST to encourage people to join and raise awareness of their work when they first started out. It helped mould my views as a Rangers supporter into what they are now. I will be eternally grateful for that kind gesture

As time went on however, it became clear that there was a clique of people with elitist views and opinions. It became very childish at times on here and that was one of the reasons why I left.

No disrespect to Frankie though, the work he does is sterling.

Edited by Koeman