Rangers Season So Far

I just thought it would be good to have a wee reflection on this season.

We are still in with a chance of retaining our title,all be it a slim chance,but I'm a believer:). The team this season have performed incredibly well all things considered. Despite the all out attacks on our club this season from the BHEASTS and the BHEAST controlled mHedia and with all the take over business and uncertainty our manager,his staff and the players deserve a huge amount of credit for making sure we are in this position.We have battled all season with a thread bare squad yet performed well in Europe with a lengthy run when barely able to field a full strength first team in many games. We won the first trophy of the season beating the BHEASTS in the final when everybody outwith Rangers had us down for a hammering in that game. Yet here we are at the business end of the season and still fighting.

Yes there are a lot of times we have all complained about tactics in certain games but all in all I am proud of the way our team has battled on,and will continue to fight to the end,this season.

Well done Rangers.

I don't hear no fat lady singing yet??

I simply don't know m8.

I feel like it all rests on Wednesday, don't ask me why. I believe we'll probably win all our remaining games, but it's the ICT match I'm praying Celtic slip up on. Because I feel like they'll win the rest.

We've been in terrific form of late and if we can keep it, there's every chance that it could go down to the wire ... with them playing Motherwell again, even though at home. IMHO we've only had very few let-downs - given the size and strength of our squad - this season, the main talking points will remain with McGregor chasing out of his goal and Bougherra needlessly flooring his opponent during the Nerby at Ibrox. Slips like the home defeat to Hibs and the Tangerines happen. We've given it our best shot, Jela's injury and Miller's departure dented our aspirations somewhat, but even if we won't retain the title, the players will not get any flak from this Bear.

Of course, as has been said, the fat lady has not yet sung and we'll see what happens in the Highlands the day after tomorrow. Butcher will sure have his troops fired up.

My feeling is that it's been a good season - considering all the off-field problems we've had.

We've got some real prospects coming through now, which is encouraging, and this has been the season when Naisy has finally shown his talent.

Regarding the league, I haven't given up hope yet, but it's in their hands, and we can't do anything about that now.

Give the size of the squad and the number of games we've played I think we've done about as well as could be expected. The combination of the small squad and lots of games has seen us put out some lineups which were almost unrecognisable as 'first teams'. For example, Edu has had to play through a real bad patch (which he's hopefully over btw) because we had no real alternative. Foster has probably played about three times as many games as he would have expected when he signed and we have not named the full number of subs in at least three league games. Despite all that we're still in there at the death and we've won the only trophy actually handed out so far. A remarkable achievement I'd say.

Having said all that, if we start next season in the same financial state I doubt we could do anything like it again. Another reason why the buyout needs to happen now.

Guest The Duke

a couple of stupid draws and defeats earlier on in the season may well cost us, i think about it almost every 5 mins how sweet it would be to win the league this year after the disgracefull behaviour of the tarriers this season with their endless shamefull tactics .

I don't think we can complain much about the odd draw or loss this season. The fact is that our points total is above average for us and about the best since Walter came back. Despite all the cuts the team have done a decent job and it's just unlucky that Celtic, with all their spending and large squad have done slightly better.

The bad luck comes from the fact that we lost Jelavic for a while, then pressure to sell Miller and also the injuries to McCulloch (along with Edu's terrible form), Bartley and Weiss. Also the referees have given in to their unsportsmanlike pressure and Celtic have had quite a few lucky wins - not to mention the aberration of the 9-0 drubbing of Aberdeen which could end up being very significant.

Having said all that, I think Celtic are due a bad result and we're still in fighting distance of the title.