I meant to say largely ignored. There were a few mentions along the way but nothing of any extent.

I think we can probably blame the Scottish media for that. There was a confernece in Edinburgh at the story telling centre attended by Salmond and religious leaders before the service at St Giles Cathedral and then they all got together for a bash at Edinburgh castle in the evening. So it wasn't ignored in Edinburgh, even if it was ignored in Glasgow and by the media... ;)

Btw, Salmond was apparently being prodded into speaking about the bigotry and sectarianism subject at these events as well.... You can guess who were doing the prodding.

Guest Dutchy

This is a fantastic result and a long time over due. As far as I'm concerned this election was about how our country is to be run and I think we've been at a disadvantage, for years, by having to accept policies designed to cure Londump of it's ills.

Royalty does not need to go from Scotland just because we can gain more powers to run our country by the efforts of MSP's, from whatever political hue. The same applies to full independance, of which you will be able to choose in a referendum. It will not be foisted upon you, unlike the ideolgy of Londump tories.

And if you do have a complaint about any MSP's behaviour, complain to the Parliments Standards Code of Conduct. Moaning all the time about the nasty habits of the RC church gets you nowhere.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2002/04/14493/2563

As Leggo says, Action Now!!!

It will not be foisted upon you, unlike the ideolgy of Londump tories.

Westminster isn't foisted on anyone. It's a democratically elected government and Scotland has consistently voted for unionist parties, rejecting the possibilty of independence.

Londump? Highlights the chip on the shoulder attititude that many nationalists have.

Scotland's not tartan, William Wallace, and petty land owning squabbles between tribes. It's steam engines, Penicillin, canal design, telephones, radar. Everything worthwhile in our history started with Reformation, Enlightenment, union. I'm glad the SNP have kicked Labour's arse, but am equally thankful there's no appetite for independence.

Edited by bmck

Guest Dutchy
Westminster isn't foisted on anyone. It's a democratically elected government and Scotland has consistently voted for unionist parties, rejecting the possibilty of independence.

Londump? Highlights the chip on the shoulder attititude that many nationalists have.

I don't like Londump, that's why I call it that. I have no chip on my shoulder, or maybe I do, but you don't know enough about me to make that decision, so stop it please.

If I say septic park, or porkheid, would you say the same thing?

Or do you just save your cut'n'paste style to rubbish anything anyone says that you don't like, ignoring all the other positive things I say?

I don't like Londump, that's why I call it that. I have no chip on my shoulder, or maybe I do, but you don't know enough about me to make that decision, so stop it please.

If I say septic park, or porkheid, would you say the same thing?

Or do you just save your cut'n'paste style to rubbish anything anyone says that you don't like, ignoring all the other positive things I say?

I didn't realise it was in the rules I had to comment on the whole post. In the same manner why didn't you comment on my first paragraph? Pot and kettle sping to mind.

Positive things? There was nothing in your post that I took as positive.

Im delighted that Labour have been given a kicking although their vote share is broadly similar to the 2007 elections. Labour were woefully inadequate in opposition to a minority govt, and with a majority govt in place they need to reassess, and quickly. Ineffective opposition benefits no-one.

As for the independence question, my own vision is of a fisclly independent nation which is still part of great britain. No more pocket money parliament without real economic teeth. However, however much euphoria the Nats give off, it's still a long way off. More likely is a gradual devolvement of more and more powers. And this I think is Salmond's strategy - demonstrate that more and more powers can be used effectively by the Scottish Parliament and more people will be persuaded that independence is viable.

McCabe was a spiv. Nothing else and for the life of me I cannot understand his moral outrage at lap-dancing clubs. Probably because he wouldn't be able to get into them for fear of being seen. However; such morals did not prevent the bold Tom shagging anything with a pulse It was interesting to note one of his ex-paramours (Lorraine Davidson) being asked to comment on his downfall. :-)

Guest Dutchy
I didn't realise it was in the rules I had to comment on the whole post. In the same manner why didn't you comment on my first paragraph? Pot and kettle sping to mind.

Positive things? There was nothing in your post that I took as positive.

What a poor arguement?