Boardroom Changes ??

Saw his attack on the IBC - clearly he's not happy with the dead wood currently in there, dead wood which attacked his takeover and still is, and intends to clear it out.

I love how some defend the IBC when they have done nothing in the last few years to show they were to the benefit of Rangers. Christ, one of them came out and said we were almost near going out of business and then changed his story.

If that's good management, I'd rather have someone else.

Hopefully I will have soon.

Saw his attack on the IBC - clearly he's not happy with the dead wood currently in there, dead wood which attacked his takeover and still is, and intends to clear it out.

I love how some defend the IBC when they have done nothing in the last few years to show they were to the benefit of Rangers. Christ, one of them came out and said we were almost near going out of business and then changed his story.

I don't so much see it as folk defending the IBC and their previous actions as Board members, but rather their right to raise concerns if they feel they are valid. We don't yet have any solid information to suggest they are wrong. If it transpires that they are wrong then fair dos, but the deal has happened now so all they did was delay things and (i assume) obtain clarification and concessions on Whyte's proposals. That seems to me a good thing, however embarrassing the saga became as it dragged on.

I'm hopeful the JJB agreement will be re-visited.

We would be well within our rights to tear it up.

Also the Shirt make could be then looked at.

Have you seen the contract ? I is huighly UNLIKELY that we would be well within our rights to rip it up !

A dictatorship, which is essentially what we had, makes it very difficult for a Board to impose its will. So much as though you dislike the Board we have you have, like the rest of us, NO IDEA what they were doing, saying and attempting to impose upon SDM.

You now have your new owner and, most likely, a new Board. And you will be happy. However, we have just switched one dictator for another and only time will tell which one is more beneficial for the club.

Your wish for a new management may not be a blessing, but a curse. Hopefully the former and hopefully you are right

Craig, to continue your analogy (aptly, I think), you have to wonder at the moral underpinning of those who enjoy the benefits of dictatorship and fight against a new order. It's not to say they're not right, but they must realise themselves why it's difficult for them to have authority. Even if they never had any power with shareholding being what it was, they still took the jobs, and the perks, and the seats etc.

I'm not really sure how SDM was a dictator given he stopped caring years ago. It was said that Martin Bain effectively ran the club, and he was part of this IBC.

I don't buy the theory that the board had its hands tied.

Have you seen the contract ? I is huighly UNLIKELY that we would be well within our rights to rip it up !

Another 5 years though :(. In some ways it would be better if JJB went bust.

I am for getting rid of them but the contract is too long and has not made huge worldwide impact, might also to do with kit designer....

I would also love a new shirt make same as BRIANMC1, because I find umbro shirts poor and they seem connected with JJB.

I'm not really sure how SDM was a dictator given he stopped caring years ago. It was said that Martin Bain effectively ran the club, and he was part of this IBC.

I don't buy the theory that the board had its hands tied.

Seriously ? You honestly think that the Board were doing as they pleased ? you honestly think that SDM allowed them to do as they pleased with HIS investment ? Come on, you should know better than that.

Bain only stepped in and stepped up after SDM was effectively removed from the day to day management by LBG.

So whilst you dont buy the theory that the board had its hands tied you are also conveniently ignoring that much of the current problem arose whilst SDM was very much involved in the running of the club.

Seriously ? You honestly think that the Board were doing as they pleased ? you honestly think that SDM allowed them to do as they pleased with HIS investment ? Come on, you should know better than that.

Bain only stepped in and stepped up after SDM was effectively removed from the day to day management by LBG.

So whilst you dont buy the theory that the board had its hands tied you are also conveniently ignoring that much of the current problem arose whilst SDM was very much involved in the running of the club.

I'm conveniently ignoring nothing. I am glad to be shot of SDM as much as I am of the board. The lot were the ruin of this club and now I hope for a complete overhaul at boardroom level which has started at the top.

And how can you tell me 'I should know better' when it's said elsewhere that we don't have a clue WHAT was happening in that boardroom. You're postulating as much as I am!