New manager for next season, not Ally?

Just wanted to ask what you all thought about looking for a diff manager, more exp one?

Now i have nothing against Ally and i know he will be the manger next year, well 99.9% sure but now we will have some money to spend things have changed and it's mayby something to think about.

I think Ally gets at least next season to prove he's the man for the job. A few weeks ago I saw a scenario where this season ended in tears and a new owner at which point all bets would have been off with respect to Ally's appointment. Now we will, at the very least, come very, very close to winning the league and have scooped the League cup. As such I think everybody is prepared to give Ally a chance. He's served a long enough apprenticeship, nobody can say he's inexperienced in the job as he's been assistant through some big times over the last couple of years. His spat with Lennon confirmed his suitability imho, he has the passion required to match them.

McCoist wouldn't be my pick but who knows maybe he will surprise us all. I certainly think he is certain to be the manager as I don't see Whyte wanting to spend a lot of money on a new manager.

I think for the best of all worlds - continuity AND change, Ally's the best bet.

I would rather keep Walter, but he's going, so we need someone who's the closest thing we've got. And that's Ally.

I just hope he's up to it.

Not interested in someone else being brought in. There's a good vibe/mood in the squad and someone unfamiliar to the players could completely ruin it. Ally deserves at least a couple of seasons.

Not interested in someone else being brought in. There's a good vibe/mood in the squad and someone unfamiliar to the players could completely ruin it. Ally deserves at least a couple of seasons.

I agree, was just a thought as we now hopefully could have some money to spend.

Guest Dutchy

My ideal choice is Billy Davies, but I'm happy to let Ally show what he can do, which might not be much as after the good times always comes the bad times. Whether that is the fault of Ally McCoist, or bad judgement from our new owner, who knows?

I thing I do remember is that Alex McLeish was hounded out of Ibrox by the attitude of the fans, mainly to do with his sheep connections, but hounded out none the less ha was. It was a surpeise to me that someone so successful could be so put upon by the support, but we ended up with PLG and the fans were, justifiablely, not happy.

Let the people that know how to run a club as big as Rangers get on with it and stop pretending you all know whats best.

My ideal choice is Billy Davies, but I'm happy to let Ally show what he can do, which might not be much as after the good times always comes the bad times. Whether that is the fault of Ally McCoist, or bad judgement from our new owner, who knows?

I thing I do remember is that Alex McLeish was hounded out of Ibrox by the attitude of the fans, mainly to do with his sheep connections, but hounded out none the less ha was. It was a surpeise to me that someone so successful could be so put upon by the support, but we ended up with PLG and the fans were, justifiablely, not happy.

Let the people that know how to run a club as big as Rangers get on with it and stop pretending you all know whats best.

I don't think McLeish was hounded out for any sheep connections but his management decisions. The Craig Moore fiasco to name but one. I also think he fell foul to the Barry Ferguson clique although he obviously never thought that himself as he took him to Brum. One thing is for sure since the Ferguson clique has been broken up the team seems to be far more of a team pulling in one direction and winning league titles. Something we couldn't do with Ferguson trying to run the show.

Im happy to give Ally a crack at it, but Id be a lot more happy with Ally if we got a bigger name / good No.2 brought in like Ray Wilkins.

No disrespect to Kenny McDowall or Durrant but having an experienced guy like Wilkins would make a huge difference.