New manager for next season, not Ally?

Im happy to give Ally a crack at it, but Id be a lot more happy with Ally if we got a bigger name / good No.2 brought in like Ray Wilkins.

No disrespect to Kenny McDowall or Durrant but having an experienced guy like Wilkins would make a huge difference.

I would put Jan Wouters into that role as well. He has a Rangers past and learned a lot since he left Ibrox. He would be a great second man.

I can't see us being able to bring in Ray Wilkins or Jan Wouters as an assistant guys. Wilkins is probably making a mint from the TV work he's doing now and I'd imagine he'll be looking at taking a managerial position as his next job. Same with Jan Wouters. Surely you'd have to think he'll be wanting to get into a managers role given his level of experience?

Edited by Zappa

Decision is made. Time to stop the speculating and get behind McCoist. Rangers men on the park, in the management and a Rangers man owning the club. What more could we ask?

I'm a bit sceptical about Ally but he's been learning from one of the best in the business for a number of years now so he should know a few tricks.

Indeed, he showed us one at Parkhead a couple of months ago.

Ally's not quite as daft as he'd have us all believe. And he's one spawny bugger!

Decision is made. Time to stop the speculating and get behind McCoist. Rangers men on the park, in the management and a Rangers man owning the club. What more could we ask?

A dynamic and effective board of directors? (end quote) ;)

Have you given up twitter?

No, just been spending my online hours on general surfing and on Gersnet. Not sure if I like twitter, but I'll give it another go at some point. Got into it initially, then the amount of complete dross getting tweeted put me off.

No, just been spending my online hours on general surfing and on Gersnet. Not sure if I like twitter, but I'll give it another go at some point. Got into it initially, then the amount of complete dross getting tweeted put me off.
Quite similar to your posts on here then :fish:

I can't see us being able to bring in Ray Wilkins or Jan Wouters as an assistant guys. Wilkins is probably making a mint from the TV work he's doing now and I'd imagine he'll be looking at taking a managerial position as his next job. Same with Jan Wouters. Surely you'd have to think he'll be wanting to get into a managers role given his level of experience?

No Jan Wouters does not want to be manager only second in charge but it is said that he has as much to say at Utrecht as the manager.

No Jan Wouters does not want to be manager only second in charge but it is said that he has as much to say at Utrecht as the manager.

Ah, so he wants to manage, but doesn't want the limelight or responsibility it brings? :D